Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wearable display for reading music

Kerrville, TX - Heart of the Fabulous Texas Hill Country

Default Wearable display for reading music

Is anyone using smart glasses or Google Glass type eyewear for reading their music while playing? If so, what works best?
    "The sole cause of all human misery is the inability of people
    to sit quietly in their rooms." - Blaise Pascal, 1670

I'm giving my question a boost because I'm still interested in hearing from anyone who knows anything about this question. Anyone?

Have you done any general searches online? I would think that would be the best way to get pertinent information.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Quote Originally Posted by VegasGeorge View Post
    Is anyone using smart glasses or Google Glass type eyewear for reading their music while playing? If so, what works best?
    I'm giving my question a boost because I'm still interested in hearing from anyone who knows anything about this question. Anyone?
    It’s not something that I’ve come across in ‘real life’ before and seems not yet practical to me - so a bit like many things eventually used by most of us. I’d sure be interested in hearing what you’ve found out already.

I personally don't use this type of glasses. From what I can tell instead of Google Glasses there are other glasses. They're from a brand called Fauna. They've even got a microphone and speakers and are compatible with Google assistant. Maybe you can check them out if they are more suitable for you? In general it's an interesting concept I haven't heard of before.

So you don't think I'm ignoring you, no I haven't. But it might work. I've never thought of it.

Did you ever get that ukulele from China that was such a good deal?
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    So you don't think I'm ignoring you, no I haven't. But it might work. I've never thought of it.

Did you ever get that ukulele from China that was such a good deal?
    No, I never got the bargain uke. They tried to deliver one three times, and could never get it here. I think they were actually trying, I had tracking info on each attempt. Each time the delivery "got lost." They finally just refunded my money. They were sending it through the ordinary postal service, and somehow the China Post to USPS connection just didn't work. They were using a service called "EMS Express."

I'd still like any info on a "HUD" type display for reading music. I've seen videos of engineers inspecting aircraft wiring using a google glasses type display that shows them the wiring schematics. Seems like something like that would work for reading music.

Maybe a 'virtual reality' headset would work....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_reality_headset
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

No, I never got the bargain uke. They tried to deliver one three times, and could never get it here. I think they were actually trying, I had tracking info on each attempt. Each time the delivery "got lost." They finally just refunded my money. They were sending it through the ordinary postal service, and somehow the China Post to USPS connection just didn't work. They were using a service called "EMS Express."
    I'm surprised that you got your money back. I'm glad to hear it wasn't a scam.

I actually asked around about the Google glasses when you first brought it up and no one was using them for music, at least no one I know. I might do some research on it and see where the technology is now. I mean, eventually we will be getting out. I have a tentative gig in March, providing I'm vaccinated by then. I will post what I come up with.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Thread Information