FS: Kanile'a K1-T Koa Gloss Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrilliantMistake

Reaction score
Hi folks -

Since my digits have been giving me trouble lately, I've decided to sell a fine ukulele I bought over a year ago from Hawaiian Music Supply:

KANILE'A K-1 KOA GLOSS TENOR (K-1 T, SERIAL #16170)

This instrument is in fine condition and comes with two strap buttons and a UkeCrazy case.

Asking $750.

IMG_4210.jpg

IMG_4214.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4219.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

I've mainly been ghosting this forum for years, so if you have any questions, ask away!

Best,
Steve D.

Last edited:
That’s some beautiful koa. You may want to post the customary picture of the uke alongside an index card with your UU handle and today’s date.

Best of luck with a speedy sale!

Just wondering why people make such a big deal about listing stuff that way. If you use PayPal goods and services you are almost always covered should anything go wrong. I know a newer member that is having a hard time selling for the same reason. I have never had one issue from a new member but I do make sure I use goods and services.

Good idea, David. I'm all for anything that will make people feel more secure.

IMG_4220.jpg

It occurs to me that my handle, BrilliantMistake, might not be the most reassuring one for a seller. It's from Elvis Costello. :)

Any and all feedback welcomed, thanks again!

Steve

Just wondering why people make such a big deal about listing stuff that way. If you use PayPal goods and services you are almost always covered should anything go wrong. I know a newer member that is having a hard time selling for the same reason. I have never had one issue from a new member but I do make sure I use goods and services.
It’s recommended in the read before posting thread. https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?117241-Please-read-before-posting-items-for-sale I didn’t do it, maybe that why I haven’t sold my K1-C yet.

Last edited:
That's a great looking K1-T.

I suspect it is more due to Kanile'a instruments being a little slower to move these days compared to the KoAlohas. They sell, just not quite as fast.

Not sure why. They are terrific tenors with a full and rich sound. I own two K1-Ts that I play regularly. One Low-G and one re-entrant.

That's a great looking K1-T.

I suspect it is more due to Kanile'a instruments being a little slower to move these days compared to the KoAlohas. They sell, just not quite as fast.

Not sure why. They are terrific tenors with a full and rich sound. I own two K1-Ts that I play regularly. One Low-G and one re-entrant.

When I was on Oahu in January I made my way to HMS and for the 1st time got to play 3 of the 4 "Big K" koa tenors side by side. While I know that 1 single uke from any builder isn't always representative of the builders ukes sound, it was a nice treat to feel, hear and play each, and switch back and forth. These were all about the same build level as well. My wife also plays so I got to be out in front of the ukes as well as above them. We both came to the same conclusions, KoAloha was the loudest, followed by Kanile'a, but we felt the Kanile'a had a little cleaner more focused sound. Kamaka has it's own unique sound that is just Kamaka. I didn't find it stood out in any particular way, just a nice sound. They all played great. While I own ukes from all 4 of the Big K builders, my Kanile'as are my favorites of the non-custom, models. Very consistant sound, and Joe seems to have a gift for finding great looking Koa, the same way Bob Taylor seems to find great looking wood in every guitar he builds.

This uke is a great example of some beautiful Koa! Best of luck with your sale!

Hi everybody!

Thanks for all of your replies. I've decided to hang on to the ukulele for now. What is the appropriate protocol for this? I didn't want to just delete the thread (not sure if that's even possible!).

Best,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom