Rocket Man (Elton John)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score

Got my Elton John Rocketman t-shirt in the mail, so I decided to give "Rocket Man" a shot. I'd like a redo on a couple spots, but I found this song tough to sing and I think this was the best take.

I'm a big fan of you AND Elton John (in that order ;-) and I've always loved his early stuff, including this song.
I find there's actually something 'haunting' about the way you did this and the overall sound you created.
Very different. Very novel. And very enjoyable.
I'm just off to listen to it again. Thanks for doing and sharing it young John.

Thanks, Dave! I really appreciate it. I added a bit more reverb than I usually do. I think it kind of creates an isolated feeling.

Wow.....when I read the title I thought this was going to be special....when I played it I realised it was very special. It works great with just the Ukulele backing giving it a spacial distant sound with the reverb setting just perfect for this song. The key you sing it in stretched your voice to its max. This was an old trick producers would do to a vocal to get the maximum emotion out of a singer.........I have been in studios wher the singer was almost begging the producers to drop the key a semitone but they insisted on at least trying it ....and they were usually right. Top marks for this one John.....excellent!
Mike

Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate your kind comments. There's a number of my videos in which I wish I had sung it in a higher key, so nowadays that's part of my thinking when deciding on a key. I agree with those producers... I think it's easier to "emote" in a higher key and it's important to sing with feeling. :)

Thanks, Mike! I really appreciate your kind comments. There's a number of my videos in which I wish I had sung it in a higher key, so nowadays that's part of my thinking when deciding on a key. I agree with those producers... I think it's easier to "emote" in a higher key and it's important to sing with feeling. :)

My brother-in-law STILL says I sing in the key of 'CHUBB' lol

Very nice rendition of a great song John, thoroughly enjoyed it.:)

Dave, whatever key you sing in sounds great!

Thanks, Bill! After doing several takes and failing, I wondered if I had bitten off more than I could chew, but the new t-shirt was reason for me to keep trying.

Thanks, Santa! I really appreciate it! :)

Thanks, Brenda! It's nice to see Elton John returning to the spotlight. What a career he's had! :)

Top Bottom