Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KoAloha, Tenor Scale, Concert Pineapple Sundae

Default KoAloha, Tenor Scale, Concert Pineapple Sundae

FYI: Mim is listing several Tenor Scale, Concert Pineapple Sundae ukuleles on Reverb.

At least 3 are Gloss Koa blems with very minor imperfections.

2 are not B-stock but regular stock, pyro satin models.

Just thought those who are interested in this instrument might want to take a look.
    There is a subtle yet profound difference between the learning of something and the knowing of that thing.
    You can learn by reading, but you don’t begin to know until you begin to try to do.

—Lou Churchill, Plane & Pilot Magazine

I was hoping no one would notice until I can figure out if I can afford one! :-)

But perhaps it may be better if some nice folks here snap them up and remove the temptation...
    Ukes include (but are not limited to)
    • Blackbird Clara
    • Kamaka HF-2A (Koa Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (Acacia Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (Spruce Top Concert)

What type of case would this fit inside?

I had three of these for sale a few weeks ago. Pops gave them to me to sell as a fundraiser for kids in our chorus. All three got snatched up in minutes. They are absolutely beautiful and they sound amazing. If you are thinking about a pineapple sunday, don't miss out on these from Mim.

Here are the ones that I sold.
    IMG_2672.jpg
    IMG_2673.jpg
    IMG_2671.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by efiscella; 07-01-2019 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added photos

I like the fretboard designs!

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    I like the fretboard designs!
    curly maple

Quote Originally Posted by efiscella View Post
    I had three of these for sale a few weeks ago. Pops gave them to me to sell as a fundraiser for kids in our chorus.
    Everything I hear about Pops just makes me happier and happier to be a fan of KoAloha.

A quick question...weren't you also connected to the "WOW" ukulele that was being made? What ever happened to that brand?
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

My ukulele YouTube channels:

Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    Everything I hear about Pops just makes me happier and happier to be a fan of KoAloha.

A quick question...weren't you also connected to the "WOW" ukulele that was being made? What ever happened to that brand?
    yes, Pops asked me to be the continental US distributor for the Wow. Pops was not looking to go full scale into these because he made them all himself and he needed to go at a pace he could keep up with, so the idea was that I would post when I could, or get involved with ukulele groups and as people wanted them, I would put the order in with Pops and he would make them in Hawaii and ship directly from the factory to the buyer. He only wanted to make them and not be bothered with sales and billing, etc, which is not his thing. Also, it took about two weeks, sometime three to make them so there was a time element. People who were willing to wait and willing to trust, ended up with a beautiful ukulele hand made by Pops. Well, there was some interest but nobody was really buying. I guess I sold about 50. then KoAloha moved to a new location in Honolulu and Pops became more of an ambassador for KoAloha and a large presence in the factory for visitors and tourist. this cut down on his time to build ukulele, and since there was not a huge demand from my feeble efforts to push the brand, he started selling them in Japan where they are widely popular. I have been thinking of making another push. I can honestly tell you, and this is no BS - the Wow is the best soprano I have ever played and I owned two KoAloha Soprano's, a Martin, three Kamaka's, and two Pono's. The sound and playability of. the Wow leaves them all in the dust. Our choir of high school age kids is going to Honolulu in August where they will be performing on the Wow with Alvin at shows throughout Waikiki. I can't wait!!!!
    Last edited by efiscella; 07-01-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by efiscella View Post
    I have been thinking of making another push.
    So can one still get a WOW in the states?
    Ukes include (but are not limited to)
    • Blackbird Clara
    • Kamaka HF-2A (Koa Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (Acacia Concert)
    • KoAloha Opio KCO-10S (Spruce Top Concert)

yes, I believe so. I have been selling some that I have in stock, but I can ask Pops if he will make them, how long it would take, and the current price. You would place the order with me and pay. I send the order to Pops and pay him (actually Moms), and he makes the uke and sends to you directly. I would need to find out what the current price is.

Thread Information