KoAloha, Tenor Scale, Concert Pineapple Sundae

Quite a few readers of this thread have asked me about securing a WOW ukulele. I spoke to Pops and he is willing to take orders for brand new Wow's, now with an upgraged ebony fretboard and bridges replacing the rosewood. If interested, please PM me, so that we can keep this thread to the beautiful new Pineapple Sunday that Mimm has for sale, which also has the upgraded ebony fretboards and bridges, along with curly maple fret markers. Also, the wider embossing allows for the Koa wood top to shine on through. It is stunning.

You’re referring to the Acacia off-shore models she still has, is that right? Or did she have some made in HI?

I am considering moving my concert Koaloha along and getting a long scale Concert Koaloha. I LOVE my concert, but can’t afford to keep all the ukes I have now. I’m reshuffling more towards tenor scale in general, so this way I could still have the Koaloha experience with the tenor scale. May be just the thing for me.

Have you played one of these? Anyone reading this, if you’ve played one I’d love to hear your thoughts. My concert is from 2012 with one of the last crown shaped fretboard endings and it sounds great. I don’t want to trade down in sound if these won’t be at least pretty close.

Thanks all in advance for your 211.

D

FYI: Mim is listing several Tenor Scale, Concert Pineapple Sundae ukuleles on Reverb.

At least 3 are Gloss Koa blems with very minor imperfections.

2 are not B-stock but regular stock, pyro satin models.

Just thought those who are interested in this instrument might want to take a look.

I had three of these for sale a few weeks ago. Pops gave them to me to sell as a fundraiser for kids in our chorus. All three got snatched up in minutes. They are absolutely beautiful and they sound amazing. If you are thinking about a pineapple sunday, don't miss out on these from Mim.

Here are the ones that I sold.
View attachment 119509
View attachment 119510
View attachment 119511

I am so jealous, however I must be satisfied and say no to UAS - I love the tenor that I now have from you. I would trade for a Sunday model though!
Best - Ian

I am so jealous, however I must be satisfied and say no to UAS - I love the tenor that I now have from you. I would trade for a Sunday model though!
Best - Ian
Hi Ian, I am happy that you love the KoAloha Tenor. I loved that Tenor and still do. It was beautiful to look at and has such a gorgeous tone. Did you make it rentrant? I have to tell you that I am loving the Kamaka that I got from you. After putting a series of different strings on it, I have finally settled on Living Waters Low-G. The action is so low on the uke that not every string set works well on it but the Living Waters works great. This Kamaka is the first ukulele I pick up every day. I love playing it. It gets equal play time between this, my new KoAloha tenor, and my 1040's vintage Martin (which surprisingly is still for sale-- but not a worry as I am super enjoying it while I still have it).

I am considering moving my concert Koaloha along and getting a long scale Concert Koaloha. I LOVE my concert, but can’t afford to keep all the ukes I have now. I’m reshuffling more towards tenor scale in general, so this way I could still have the Koaloha experience with the tenor scale. May be just the thing for me.

SNIP

I bought one of the concert scale PS's from MIM as I'm definitely a lover of both pineapples AND long-neck sop's or concert scale. In that light... I'll PM you if you may be interested in my KoAloha "Crown Bridge" Super Concert which I'm getting read to part with... its a beaut!

Mahalo!

Top Bottom