KoAloha, Tenor Scale, Concert Pineapple Sundae

Kenn2018

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
FYI: Mim is listing several Tenor Scale, Concert Pineapple Sundae ukuleles on Reverb.

At least 3 are Gloss Koa blems with very minor imperfections.

2 are not B-stock but regular stock, pyro satin models.

Just thought those who are interested in this instrument might want to take a look.

I was hoping no one would notice until I can figure out if I can afford one! :)

But perhaps it may be better if some nice folks here snap them up and remove the temptation...

What type of case would this fit inside?

I had three of these for sale a few weeks ago. Pops gave them to me to sell as a fundraiser for kids in our chorus. All three got snatched up in minutes. They are absolutely beautiful and they sound amazing. If you are thinking about a pineapple sunday, don't miss out on these from Mim.

Here are the ones that I sold.
IMG_2672.jpg
IMG_2673.jpg
IMG_2671.jpg

Attachments

• bfss74GiSF655kB6MkusVw.jpg
    bfss74GiSF655kB6MkusVw.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I had three of these for sale a few weeks ago. Pops gave them to me to sell as a fundraiser for kids in our chorus.

Everything I hear about Pops just makes me happier and happier to be a fan of KoAloha.

A quick question...weren't you also connected to the "WOW" ukulele that was being made? What ever happened to that brand?

Everything I hear about Pops just makes me happier and happier to be a fan of KoAloha.

A quick question...weren't you also connected to the "WOW" ukulele that was being made? What ever happened to that brand?

yes, Pops asked me to be the continental US distributor for the Wow. Pops was not looking to go full scale into these because he made them all himself and he needed to go at a pace he could keep up with, so the idea was that I would post when I could, or get involved with ukulele groups and as people wanted them, I would put the order in with Pops and he would make them in Hawaii and ship directly from the factory to the buyer. He only wanted to make them and not be bothered with sales and billing, etc, which is not his thing. Also, it took about two weeks, sometime three to make them so there was a time element. People who were willing to wait and willing to trust, ended up with a beautiful ukulele hand made by Pops. Well, there was some interest but nobody was really buying. I guess I sold about 50. then KoAloha moved to a new location in Honolulu and Pops became more of an ambassador for KoAloha and a large presence in the factory for visitors and tourist. this cut down on his time to build ukulele, and since there was not a huge demand from my feeble efforts to push the brand, he started selling them in Japan where they are widely popular. I have been thinking of making another push. I can honestly tell you, and this is no BS - the Wow is the best soprano I have ever played and I owned two KoAloha Soprano's, a Martin, three Kamaka's, and two Pono's. The sound and playability of. the Wow leaves them all in the dust. Our choir of high school age kids is going to Honolulu in August where they will be performing on the Wow with Alvin at shows throughout Waikiki. I can't wait!!!!

Last edited:
yes, I believe so. I have been selling some that I have in stock, but I can ask Pops if he will make them, how long it would take, and the current price. You would place the order with me and pay. I send the order to Pops and pay him (actually Moms), and he makes the uke and sends to you directly. I would need to find out what the current price is.

What type of case would this fit inside?

Ko'Aloha makes a hard case for the Pineapple Sundae that is only available from the Ko'Aloha store. Here is their Facebook announcement.

KoAloha Case2.jpg

Well, that didn't work very well. Essentially, you have to send an e-mail to Lloyd@koaloha.com with your phone number and he will call you to get your order.
Or, you can call him at: 808-847-4911. Don't forget the time difference with Hawaii.

The tenor case I bought is very nice. The Super Concert one costs about $90 USD. Plus shipping and taxes.

Attachments

• KoAloha Cases.jpg
    KoAloha Cases.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Great video. Nice song.

I had made a connection with KoAloha a number of years ago when the performing arts center that I work for co-sponsored the premier of the movie "My Koaloha Story." Then two years later, I took a high school aged choir to Honolulu to perform and we visited KoAloha factory. We met Pops that day he was very impressed by the choir. He asked them to sing "America's Song" at all of their concerts. We had the song arranged for 4 part harmony and have been singing it ever since. Pops thought ukulele would be good with the song but he wanted a loud, affordable ukulele that could be heared accoustically above a 40 member choir-- hence THE WOW. He made 20 of the Wows for us and called them the Harmony WOW (Harmony is the name of the choir). Oh the headstock he put an "H" instead of a "W". This August an entire new group of kids will be heading to Honolulu but this time, they will be singing backup to Pops himself on "America's Song" and playing their Harmony Wow's.
14907048_10154602843562567_3374617507219763620_n.jpg

Last edited:
We're off thread, aren't we? I'd love to hear more about the Wow, if they are available, and I'd still like to see that KoAloha movie, which isn't available anywhere. I tried e-mailing the creators and heard nothing back, and even e-mailed KoAloha about it and never heard back...the only time I haven't heard back from them when reaching out.

We're off thread, aren't we? I'd love to hear more about the Wow, if they are available, and I'd still like to see that KoAloha movie, which isn't available anywhere. I tried e-mailing the creators and heard nothing back, and even e-mailed KoAloha about it and never heard back...the only time I haven't heard back from them when reaching out.

So, yes, back to the thread. I have had two previous Pineapple Sundays. Always amazing, however this new one from Pops blows me away. He has really refined it, both visually, and in terms of sound. This one has such a pure harplike tone. If anyone is interested a Pineapple Sunday, I would jump on the ones that Mim is selling. It is at a great price and it is a Pop's KoAloha original.

I had made a connection with KoAloha a number of years ago when the performing arts center that I work for co-sponsored the premier of the movie "My Koaloha Story." Then two years later, I took a high school aged choir to Honolulu to perform and we visited KoAloha factory. We met Pops that day he was very impressed by the choir. He asked them to sing "America's Song" at all of their concerts. We had the song arranged for 4 part harmony and have been singing it ever since. Pops thought ukulele would be good with the song but he wanted a loud, affordable ukulele that could be heared accoustically above a 40 member choir-- hence THE WOW. He made 20 of the Wows for us and called them the Harmony WOW (Harmony is the name of the choir). Oh the headstock he put an "H" instead of a "W". This August an entire new group of kids will be heading to Honolulu but this time, they will be singing backup to Pops himself on "America's Song" and playing their Harmony Wow's.
View attachment 119522

I hope you will make a video of the choir performing with Pops. I'd love to hear it.

I was hoping no one would notice until I can figure out if I can afford one! :)

But perhaps it may be better if some nice folks here snap them up and remove the temptation...

The temptation was just too much. Order placed last night, so NUD coming soon along with several of our less played instruments headed for the marketplace...

Top Bottom