Luna UKEBASSHT High Tide Bass ?

Thanks for your experiences with Rondo's bass ukuleles. I'm going to take a chance. Now, do I get the natural or blue stained:) Hmm...

-W

<edit> One last (and maybe dumb) question.

Does Rondo accomplish the longer 23" scale by having a bit longer distance between frets? Logic tells me it would have to.

Last edited:
Thanks for your experiences with Rondo's bass ukuleles. I'm going to take a chance. Now, do I get the natural or blue stained:) Hmm... One last (and maybe dumb) question. Does Rondo accomplish the longer 23" scale by having a bit longer distance between frets? Logic tells me it would have to.
Yes, and to verify, I just counted the frets on my shorter and longer, both have 22, so the only way I see to add the length is to spread the frets. In actuality, the shorter is 21" and the longer is 24" scale. Now I see why I tend to gravitate to the shorter, a bit easier to play.

Last edited:
Does Rondo accomplish the longer 23" scale by having a bit longer distance between frets? Logic tells me it would have to.
Yes. Fret placement is always a mathematical function of the scale length, so stretching the scale makes the frets farther apart and shrinking the scale pushes them together. For example, the 5th fret is always a hair over a quarter of the scale length and the 12th fret is half the scale length.

StewMac has a calculator that gives fret placement for any given scale length at https://www.stewmac.com/FretCalculator.html

Thank you, both. It looks like a 23" scale will be very close to using a capo at the 4th fret on my Mustang bass. I'll give it a whirl (when I find my capo).

Does the blue look deeper or darker in real life, compared to the Rondo pics? I can't seem to find a youtube or any real pictures of it.

-Wiggy

Thank you, both. It looks like a 23" scale will be very close to using a capo at the 4th fret on my Mustang bass. I'll give it a whirl (when I find my capo). Does the blue look deeper or darker in real life, compared to the Rondo pics? I can't seem to find a youtube or any real pictures of it. -Wiggy
The blue is a little darker than the photos, the grain is very obvious. I ordered the natural short late last night, it showed 2 in stock and got a confirmation email, but this morning I received a followup email that they're actually out of stock. It did say that the 22-33 blue is in stock, but I already have a blue.

I was planning to replace one of my 24" mods that has a bad pot and also was going replace the bridge, so I figured to just get a short one and use the veneers and bridge on it, but that's now on hold.

Rondo Narwhalele 1024.jpg

Last edited:
"...actually out of stock"

The stars must be misaligned. I tried to order the 23" blue today, but they didn't have any of the cases for it in stock. I need that also, plus shipping for the case is free when you order the instrument that fits in it.

Watching and waiting for both to be in stock. In my dreams, a tobacco 23" will magically appear but I'll take the blue or the natural.

I'm a patient guy.

-W

Last edited:
Top Bottom