NUD - Ooops I did it again!

mikelz777

Reaction score
Why am I quoting Britney Spears? No hate here but I don't think I've ever even listened to one of her songs on purpose. Anyway......

I sold one of my old ukes a couple months ago to make room for another uke I had my eye on. I put myself into a cooling off period for a while to make sure that I really wanted it. My ardor for that uke had cooled a bit but I was still interested in it when this uke popped up on my radar. While researching it I read that they were no longer producing this uke so when the stores sold out, that was it. One of the 3 sources I was looking at had just sold out so on somewhat of an impulse I pulled the trigger on a Romero Creations ST concert ukulele w/hardfoam case.

What really intrigued me about this uke besides its shape is that it has a tenor body, a concert scale and is the size of a soprano in total length. (22") It's got a solid spruce top with laminated mahogany sides/back, a compensated saddle and an enlarged sound hole. It comes strung with a low G which I don't have on any of my other ukes. I'm hoping that it has a full tenor sound because I have no tenors. (I don't really like the tenor scale.) This will be my first purchase from Uke Republic. I ordered it earlier today and already got notice that it will be shipping later today. I should be strumming away by next Tues or Wed!

RomeroCreationsSprMhgyTT_1-01480.jpgRomeroCreationsSprMhgyTT_3-01485.jpgRomeroCreationsSprMhgyTT_2-01481.jpg

Tenor size body, concert scale, all in an overall soprano length. Who dreams this stuff up? :D Hope it's a cool uke for you! I've heard that they do indeed sound like tenors, I'm assuming based on the big body.

I was having a hard time getting a handle on all of that so I got the dimensions from one of the vendors. Overall length - 22", concert scale 15", body @ widest point 8.5", body width @ center of sound hole 6.5", body length 10.5", body depth ~ 2mm short of 3".

Wow, that is one cool-looking uke! Congratulations, it looks like something that will be hard to put down. Quite a hybrid instrument, with all those different dimensions.

Congratulations!
Nothing around here sings quite like our Tiny Tenor. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of your new baby.
They loved to be finger picked!

Congratulations!
Nothing around here sings quite like our Tiny Tenor. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of your new baby.
They loved to be finger picked!

I have a couple of ukes that love to be finger picked. I need to start pushing beyond the neo-natal stage of picking!

Wow, that is one cool-looking uke! Congratulations, it looks like something that will be hard to put down. Quite a hybrid instrument, with all those different dimensions.

It will kinda be like playing 3 ukes at once! :cool:

Congratulations on buying the Romero ST concert. I've been watching that specific ukulele at Uke Republic for several weeks now, and came very close to buying it on numerous occasions - especially once I found out they are being discontinued. I love the design, and it gets great reviews from everyone, so I'm sure you will love it. In any case, thanks for taking it off the market and ending my period of waffling. :)
Jan D

Congratulations on buying the Romero ST concert. I've been watching that specific ukulele at Uke Republic for several weeks now, and came very close to buying it on numerous occasions - especially once I found out they are being discontinued. I love the design, and it gets great reviews from everyone, so I'm sure you will love it. In any case, thanks for taking it off the market and ending my period of waffling. :)
Jan D

You can still waffle! As of the time of this post, they still have at least one more in stock. It still shows it's available when I look it up. If you use the code "HOT2019" you can even get free shipping.

Last edited:
Top Bottom