Fender Mino'Aka Concert

CrystalClear

Reaction score
I'm looking at a Fender Mino'aka concert ukulele. It's used and comes with soft case for $165.
I've searched for personal reviews on this ukulele to no avail.
Hoping you all can give me advice on whether this is a decent beginner ukulele or if there's a better one for that price point.
TIA

Well, I see a new one on Reverb for $130. Just sayin

At this price point, your vendor is more important than the actual uke. As a beginner you're better off going with someone who can serve as quality control and will do a proper setup. Any of the following have well earned reputations here and most should have something in your price range: Mims Ukes, Uke Republic, Mainland, Elderly, HMS.

Good luck and welcome to UU!

I had one and liked it. Sold it to someone in my uke club and they like it too. I paid about £120 for it on eBay. Replaced it with a Martin T1k.

I have a Fender Zuma series concert (I think the same thing you’re looking at), which I bought used at GC for $80. It didn’t look played at all when I got it, and with a bit of measuring and sleuthing I bought a HSC off flea bay that fits it perfectly for another $40. Fender knows how to build instruments, no question there. When I tried mine out I was amazed at how it resonated and sustained as a chord played hard on it faded away. For the money it’s hard to top it, which isn’t the same as saying nothing else sounds as good. If you like everything about it, then who’s to question you? It could be possible to find a new one on sale for less money though, just saying. Any instrument worth buying, keeping, and playing lots is worth a hard shell case (HSC) and humidifier, in addition, just another suggestion.

Top Bottom