FS: As New Collings UC1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragtop232

Reaction score
***SOLD***

I purchased this Collings UC1 in September 2014 when word was Collings wasn't going to build any more ukuleles. I inspected it when it arrived and it's been in my closet ever since. It really has less than 10 minutes play time. This is a close to buying a new one as you can get. I'm going to be selling some of my ukulele collection in the coming months and this Collings is what I'm starting with. It is light as a feather, has peghed 4:1 tuners and comes from a non-smoking home.
The label is signed by Bill Collings. Also comes with Collings branded hardshell case. $1500.00 + $40.00 shipping and insurance to US only.

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0862.jpg

DSCF0863.jpg

DSCF0866.jpg

--- more photos in next post ---

Last edited:
DSCF0860.jpg

DSCF0870.jpg

DSCF0871.jpg

This is all the photos. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks for looking,

Jim

Hi Jim. 5 years and only 10 minutes playing time....what’s with that?
Anyway, good deal. Where are you located?
Thanks and Happy 4th of July!
Glenn in South Jersey

I'm in Charleston, WV. I'm mostly a soprano player. I just really wanted to get the Collings for collectability when they announced back then they were no longer taking orders.

This beautiful Collings UC-1 is still available.

I've had a few questions about why I've never played this ukulele much. I really purchased this ukulele to add to my collection because I really enjoy collecting ukuleles. Being familiar with Bill Collings instruments and the impeccable fit and finish, I knew this would be a great ukulele. When I received the ukulele in fall of 2014, I tuned it and played it a few minutes and then put it in my humidified storage area for my instruments. It's a wonderful sounding instrument, light as a feather and vibrates all the way up the neck when strummed. As stated earlier, I'm mostly a soprano scale player and that is the only reason this isn't my main player.

Jim

I've had a few questions about why I've never played this ukulele much. I really purchased this ukulele to add to my collection because I really enjoy collecting ukuleles. Being familiar with Bill Collings instruments and the impeccable fit and finish, I knew this would be a great ukulele. When I received the ukulele in fall of 2014, I tuned it and played it a few minutes and then put it in my humidified storage area for my instruments. It's a wonderful sounding instrument, light as a feather and vibrates all the way up the neck when strummed. As stated earlier, I'm mostly a soprano scale player and that is the only reason this isn't my main player.

Jim

I was lucky enough to pick up a Collings concert ukulele from UU recently. Jim's description of it fits my experience of it - sounds great, amazingly light, and lets you play all the way up the neck with great sound. Beautifully made, as well. I think it's unfortunate that Collings no longer makes them, (though I understand it wasn't profitable enough for them), because it's hard to beat the quality of these ukes at this price point. (Or any other price point, for that matter.)

You have a great collection of Martins.

Thanks Jerry. I do enjoy Martin ukuleles. There's something about the tone of a Martin that is really hard to replicate, at least to my ears.

Jim

Thanks Jerry. I do enjoy Martin ukuleles. There's something about the tone of a Martin that is really hard to replicate, at least to my ears.

Jim

If you ever want to give that Konter away, I'd be glad to provide a home for it. :)

I sold my Iz tenor a few months ago, but I still have a spruce top from about 1944, a 100th anniversary soprano, and a Style 2 tenor.

Lovely & pristine Collins concert. Rarely do Collins ukes come up for sale. Even rarer, are they in this condition. I'm staggered that it hasn't been snatched up.

Must be the heat...

I'm sure it will go soon.

Bumping one more time. If you're interested in a Collings Ukulele, you'd be hard-pressed to find one as nice as this UC1. It's basically new and unplayed.

Thanks Joyful Uke. Yes the UC1's are Honduran mahogany with rosewood fretboard, headstock plate and bridge.

Jim

I am curious as to why your asking price is so high? I own three Collings ukuleles. One of them is a UC1. I purchased it new from a dealer with the same case that you have pictured. I paid less than $1000 for it new. I've seen used ones sell on eBay for somewhere in $600-$800 range. Is there something that makes the one that you have more valuable?

Doc

I am curious as to why your asking price is so high? I own three Collings ukuleles. One of them is a UC1. I purchased it new from a dealer with the same case that you have pictured. I paid less than $1000 for it new. I've seen used ones sell on eBay for somewhere in $600-$800 range. Is there something that makes the one that you have more valuable?

Doc

I have two - with the "haircut" headstock - and they cost more than $1,500. Since they're no longer being made, the prices have risen. I think $1,500 is the lowest asking price I have seen.

For more and less -
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=collings ukulele

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom