FS: As New Collings UC1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scarcity.

(had to have more than 10 characters in order to post, so you can ignore this part, but just to make sure, :) )

They are not that scarce. I see them come up for sale fairly often on eBay and Reverb. There are two others that I know of for sale right now. They are both being offered up at lower prices and they are not selling. I had listed mine on eBay at $900 OBO and it sat for months without even an offer. I just decided I'd keep it. But, I'd sell it a heartbeat if I could get anywhere close to $1500 for it!

Doc

I have two - with the "haircut" headstock - and they cost more than $1,500. Since they're no longer being made, the prices have risen. I think $1,500 is the lowest asking price I have seen.

For more and less -
https://reverb.com/marketplace?query=collings ukulele

For more or less? The UC1 that can be viewed via the link you provided is in like-new condition with the case and has an asking price of $1,196. It also has a "Make an Offer" option (which means the seller expects it to sell for less). It has also not sold in at least 23 days.

Doc

They are not that scarce. I see them come up for sale fairly often on eBay and Reverb. There are two others that I know of for sale right now. They are both being offered up at lower prices and they are not selling. I had listed mine on eBay at $900 OBO and it sat for months without even an offer. I just decided I'd keep it. But, I'd sell it a heartbeat if I could get anywhere close to $1500 for it!

Doc
I haven’t received a notice from my subscription to Collings UC-1 on eBay for a very long time. Yes, the UC-1 model is scarce. I do have one, it’s a nice uke, and like you, if anyone offered me 1500, I’d jump on it. Best of luck to the OP.

For more or less? The UC1 that can be viewed via the link you provided is in like-new condition with the case and has an asking price of $1,196. It also has a "Make an Offer" option (which means the seller expects it to sell for less). It has also not sold in at least 23 days.

Doc

Doc, quite frankly, it's what I perceive as a fair price with them no longer being made and the condition of this one. Also, I don't need the money so no fire sale here. I'm just offering at a fair price and will not compromise on the price. Again, I don't need the money.

If you're not interested in my ukulele, then I suggest moving on and not interjecting your perceived value of MY ukulele in MY listing.

Regards,
Jim

Last edited:
well said Jim and rightly so.
this is more than a fair deal on a brilliant high-end concert scale instrument.
i am fortunate to own one and would gladly pay this asking price if i didn't.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold the one that I had at auction on eBay. It sold for a little under $600. It was in mint condition. I originally paid $1049 for mine. They are decent ukes if you find one for the right price.

All the best,

Ryan

Mr Neal is a noted troller here. As for you Mr Dracula...
well said Jim and rightly so.
this is more than a fair deal on a brilliant high-end concert scale instrument.
i am fortunate to own one and would gladly pay this asking price if i didn't.

No offense, but you would "gladly pay the asking price" when it has already been shown here, via a Reverb link, that you can buy one in the same condition for much less? I'll have to contact you the next time I am looking to sell something!

All the best,

Ryan

Thanks all for bringing this back to the top and giving it a bump. A fine UU member has purchased my Collings and it will be on the way to her tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom