TILL THERE WAS YOU - INSTRUMENTAL (LFdM)

As I said on YT after watching you there, I played and tried to sing this same song during our Beatles celebration week at the start of the year. I was ok with my version till I watched this. Absolutely beautiful young Brenda. You're just getting better and better each time I hear you play...

Really well done, Brenda. Wonderful playing of a beautiful arrangement. You've come a long way in such a short time. Kudos to you!
Jan D

Beautiful! I’ve been obsessed with playing this song lately. I think I’m driving my wife insane with it...but it has always been a favorite of mine. Great job!

Beautifully played Brenda.......I caught this on a facebook a little earlier....You are really in the zone on this one. I like the way you make the music flow. Using the thumb only I think suits your interpretive style!
Great,
Mike

That was lovely. Very nice arrangement and nice consistent tone using the thumb.

Nice job! (Some of y'all do know the Beatles didn't write this one, right? :p )

Nice job! (Some of y'all do know the Beatles didn't write this one, right? :p )

Noooooooooooooooooo......!!!!!!!! Seriously, I recall Shirley Jones singing it in "The Music Man" movie many years ago, but I'm not sure I could make a reasonable guess as to who authored it!

Noooooooooooooooooo......!!!!!!!! Seriously, I recall Shirley Jones singing it in "The Music Man" movie many years ago, but I'm not sure I could make a reasonable guess as to who authored it!

Written by Meredith Willson himself.

News

This morning I was surprised to receive an email that this video is being shared on UKULELE HUNT blog

http://ukulelehunt.com/blog/

It is a fantastic feeling that they think I am good enough to be on their site. Just thought I share it with you here:D

Thank you all for taking the time to make a comment. It is deeply appreciated.

This morning I was surprised to receive an email that this video is being shared on UKULELE HUNT blog

http://ukulelehunt.com/blog/

It is a fantastic feeling that they think I am good enough to be on their site. Just thought I share it with you here:D

Thank you all for taking the time to make a comment. It is deeply appreciated.

Well done young Brenda. Deserved recognition indeed my friend. x

Lovely version Brenda!

I always think of Shirley Jones, who sang it in the 1962 movie The Music Man when I hear this song.
Barbara Cook sang it in the 1957 stage play. It was a big hit for Anita Bryant in 1952 and was covered by the Beatles in 1963.

Meredith Wilson wrote the song and the stage play.

Added on June 8: I guess I'd only read the first page when I first made this post. I see now that Shirley Jones and Meredith Wilson and The Beatles were already mentioned.

Last edited:
Lovely version Brenda!

I always think of Shirley Jones, who sang it in the 1962 movie The Music Man when I hear this song.
Barbara Cook sang it in the 1957 stage play. It was a big hit for Anita Bryant in 1952 and was covered by the Beatles in 1963.

Meredith Wilson wrote the song and the stage play.

Jim: you are 100% correct

Top Bottom