UAS is real!!!!

I might need intervention soon. instead of AA it will be UA

Yea we admitted we were powerless over buying ukuleles. :)
Oh well. You’re among friends:)

I just submitted to UAS myself though not on nearly as grand a scale. I was down to 4 and now I'm back up to 5 ukes. I'm thinking about possibly selling one now. I made having 5 work but since moving to 4 I kind of like that number. I'll wait on a decision until after I get the new one and spend some time playing it.

Yea we admitted we were powerless over buying ukuleles. :)
Oh well. You’re among friends:)

Maybe we’re more like enablers. For example, people in my uke club have banjoleles and then there’s a bunch of discussion here about banjoleles and now suddenly I’m interested in buying a banjolele (out of nowhere). What the heck?!?!

It is all relative. It kind of depends on who you are running with at the moment. I was at a group strum the other day and I was talking to a couple of people and we got to comparing who had the most ukuleles. I won with four, and some of the people I was talking to thought that was a lot of ukuleles. So the nice thing about talking about it here, four ukuleles in six years makes me look almost immune to UAS comparatively. I'm sure that if we had gone through the whole group and not just a few, the results would surely been different. I know for a fact that one of the people who was not in the discussion owns five. ;)

It is all relative. It kind of depends on who you are running with at the moment. I was at a group strum the other day and I was talking to a couple of people and we got to comparing who had the most ukuleles. I won with four, and some of the people I was talking to thought that was a lot of ukuleles. So the nice thing about talking about it here, four ukuleles in six years makes me look almost immune to UAS comparatively. I'm sure that if we had gone through the whole group and not just a few, the results would surely been different. I know for a fact that one of the people who was not in the discussion owns five. ;)

I get a kick out of friends who are reluctant to tell their spouses or relatives that they have maybe half a dozen ukes. I don't have anyone to report to, so having sixty isn't an emotional problem. Storage and finding the one I want are two significant problems, though. I'm gradually selling.

I get a kick out of friends who are reluctant to tell their spouses or relatives that they have maybe half a dozen ukes. I don't have anyone to report to, so having sixty isn't an emotional problem. Storage and finding the one I want are two significant problems, though. I'm gradually selling.

I don't share my ukulele enthusiasm with my wife. It isn't that I'm afraid or reluctant. I'm quite sure that she doesn't care how many I have as long as I don't come running up with them and bothering her about them all of the time. The other thing is that ukulele is not a feature of our interior design plan, so they have to stay down in my combination office, den, bar, ukulele room, and man cave in the basement. They are not going to be allowed to take over the house. That isn't just my wife, I don't want to live among ukuleles. I can do whatever I want as long as they end up back down there when I'm done. In other words, she has no problems with me and my ukuleles as long as I don't try to drag her into it. But it is like that with everything that we do and always has been. We have always done our own thing. I actually do not share my ukulele enthusiasm with anyone, other than those similarly afflicted. I just assume that if someone isn't a ukulele player, or a musician of some sort, that they probably don't want to hear me going on and on about them.

Sixty Ukes. Wow, must be some sort of record. Good on you.

I don't share my ukulele enthusiasm with my wife. It isn't that I'm afraid or reluctant. I'm quite sure that she doesn't care how many I have as long as I don't come running up with them and bothering her about them all of the time. The other thing is that ukulele is not a feature of our interior design plan, so they have to stay down in my combination office, den, bar, ukulele room, and man cave in the basement. They are not going to be allowed to take over the house. That isn't just my wife, I don't want to live among ukuleles. I can do whatever I want as long as they end up back down there when I'm done. In other words, she has no problems with me and my ukuleles as long as I don't try to drag her into it. But it is like that with everything that we do and always has been. We have always done our own thing. I actually do not share my ukulele enthusiasm with anyone, other than those similarly afflicted. I just assume that if someone isn't a ukulele player, or a musician of some sort, that they probably don't want to hear me going on and on about them.

That's my wife lol. I tell at least I'm not doing drugs or spending money at the bar.

I've decided I don't have UAS because I have resisted the urge to buy a flame maple kala all week. Really, I don't have UAS at all. I am sure of it.... As long as I don't look at the marketplace, or flea market, or mim, or reverb or hms, I will be ok..... lol.

As someone had posted on another thread, it's not just UAS but also UOS - Ukulele Obsession Syndrome. And I have both. :-( I'm trying to do controlled UAS. And I'm not willing to go cold turkey. :-/ As they say, oh well.

Top Bottom