UAS is real!!!!

So yesterday got a Kamaka. Yesterday got a Bruko No 6. Tomorrow probably buying a resonator. Will see where Saturday takes me.

It's Saturday, where is M3dicat3dV3t? "Enquiring minds want to know".

Dang, Jerry.

Resistance is futile.....

I get a kick out of friends who are reluctant to tell their spouses or relatives that they have maybe half a dozen ukes. I don't have anyone to report to, so having sixty isn't an emotional problem. Storage and finding the one I want are two significant problems, though. I'm gradually selling.

Sixty! Wow! Just curious, how much would you say you play your ukes per day or per week? Playing 1 per day every day would take you 2 months!

My UAS was cured. Unfortunately, ukulele's were a gateway drug. I hove have Autoharp Acquisition Syndrome.

Sixty! Wow! Just curious, how much would you say you play your ukes per day or per week? Playing 1 per day every day would take you 2 months!

I'd like to play each one for an hour a day. As soon as someone invents a 60 hour day, I'll be all set. :)

Actually, I play at least two every day. I keep them next to my TV chair, and every couple of days, I bring down two more.

M3dicat2dV3t,
There is a nice Palm Tree Concert at the Denver Folklore Center. he,he,he, amongst other wonders. I have always wanted to try one....

All I got was a case lol. Almost bought a uke. Then wife sent me this message

Dear God, help me. Your servant in Jesus name, amen

UAS is a gateway. Now that I’m into the baritone and pretty much satisfied with my stable of soprano, concert, resonator, tenors and baritone, I discover (thanks to this forum) there’s a tenor guitar. I think I need one.

Love the ukulele lamp — it’s hiding in plain sight. My hubby’s okay with the number of ukes I have because I always remind him that Jerry has 60.

I'd like to play each one for an hour a day. As soon as someone invents a 60 hour day, I'll be all set. :)

Actually, I play at least two every day. I keep them next to my TV chair, and every couple of days, I bring down two more.

I think you need a 70 hour day, because sleep and meals are important, too. You can browse for more ukuleles while you're eating, to save you some time. :)

While I'd be overwhelmed by that many ukuleles, (and having to change strings on them all!), I think it's fantastic that you're getting to enjoy that part of the hobby, too, and have a passion for it. And we get to enjoy the experience through you.

I bet there are some other large collections out there in our midst too. Anyone else have even 15? 20? More? (60 might be hard to top, but there could be someone here who has done that.)

Edited to add:
Yes, UAS is very real. I keep looking at that Hoffman at HMS, even though I really think I'm at my limit of ukuleles. I'd need more hours in the day, too, if I got that.

Last edited:
I know a lot of people have fun with UAS and so do I. However, at this point I’m very content with my current stable. There are already others I want, but I have every Uke that I thought I needed to cover playing everywhere and really enjoying it. I am truly staying away from the Marketplace/ HMS/ UkeRepbublic / Reverb/ Fleamarket and so on. Definitely has made a difference. I will NEED spruce with rosewood at some point in the next couple years. ;)

I have a policy that just because something is a good price doesn't mean I buy it. This "policy" is more difficult if it's a Ukulele I also happen to want. And right now I'm battling buying a good priced Soprano. But I have 4 sopranos of which two are higher end. And although I'd like it, it's not on my list of Ukuleles I'd like to own. Fortunately it's a no return "buy as described." So for now I'm holding firm, not making an offer and hoping I will continue to congratulate myself for not buying it and not adding to red balance sheet.

I have a policy that just because something is a good price doesn't mean I buy it. This "policy" is more difficult if it's a Ukulele I also happen to want. And right now I'm battling buying a good priced Soprano. But I have 4 sopranos of which two are higher end. And although I'd like it, it's not on my list of Ukuleles I'd like to own. Fortunately it's a no return "buy as described." So for now I'm holding firm, not making an offer and hoping I will continue to congratulate myself for not buying it and not adding to red balance sheet.

Not only was it a good price but I wanted to try a Bruko, so it was a win win for me. I'm fortunate to have some disposable income but I'm not going to own 20 ukes.

I got my 70s soprano kamaka, I got my outdoor ukulele, waiting on my Bruko and just got a super soprano pineapple. I'm good for a lil while.

I know a lot of people have fun with UAS and so do I. However, at this point I’m very content with my current stable. There are already others I want, but I have every Uke that I thought I needed to cover playing everywhere and really enjoying it. I am truly staying away from the Marketplace/ HMS/ UkeRepbublic / Reverb/ Fleamarket and so on. Definitely has made a difference. I will NEED spruce with rosewood at some point in the next couple years. ;)

Spruce with rosewood? Anuenue moonbird you need.

Top Bottom