NUD: Kamaka HF-1 (2019), my first and last Kamaka

Problem solved!

Move to downtown Honolulu, mere blocks from the Kamaka shop and showroom. And, if that doesn't do it for you, TheUkuleleSite (HMS) is two blocks away.

That's a beauty. I had a 60s gold label Kamaka soprano once, and these newer models look so much nicer. I expect they sound better too. The old one had a cool vintage vibe, and sounded good, but the neck profile was super thin, and construction seemed rather primitive.

Well, I did read some folks say that the newer Kamaka are better than the old ones. Many said Kamaka are sticking to traditional way of building ukes but it does seems they are evolving and moving along with the trends as well as the other Ks.

That's a lovely Kamaka Austin. It looks great. Better yet, it sounds great! What a nice find for you.

Yeah it's funny how we can have coveted ukes and then when we get to play them, they just don't work for us. Yet other people think they are excellent when they play them. To each their own.

I love my HF-3 with Living Waters Low-G strings. Yet, for some excellent players I know, when they played it in that configuration, it left them cold. You just never know.

Congrats!

That's a lovely Kamaka Austin. It looks great. Better yet, it sounds great! What a nice find for you.

Yeah it's funny how we can have coveted ukes and then when we get to play them, they just don't work for us. Yet other people think they are excellent when they play them. To each their own.

I love my HF-3 with Living Waters Low-G strings. Yet, for some excellent players I know, when they played it in that configuration, it left them cold. You just never know.

Congrats!

Thanks, Kenn. Totally agreed with you. I’m just glad I had the chance to try my dream uke although it did not turn out not to be my dream uke after all.

I have my concert as a low G config with Kamaka black strings. Definitely put a lot of folks off but I’m liking it. Just do what you prefer for your music.

Top Bottom