Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NUD: Kamaka HF-1 (2019), my first and last Kamaka

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    I can see why you had to have it. Wish we had a uke store with even one Kamaka.
    Move to downtown Honolulu, mere blocks from the Kamaka shop and showroom. And, if that doesn't do it for you, TheUkuleleSite (HMS) is two blocks away.

Quote Originally Posted by merlin666 View Post
    Congratulations! And you are very fortunate to have such a well-stocked local uke store.
    Thanks, Merlin! The boss said he placed the shipment order from Kamaka more than 6 months ago and they finally arrived 2 days ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    I can see why you had to have it. Wish we had a uke store with even one Kamaka.
    I was almost on the verge of buying from the internet and then the local uke shop updated their website with a page filled with Kamakas. I pressed page refresh for three times to make sure it’s not a page error.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful Uke View Post
    Congratulations!
    I really like the look. I know that highly figured koa is something that a lot of people want, but I really like the look of the "plainer" koa like your soprano, too.
    But, most important of all, you're really happy with it, and you found a very special ukulele for yourself.
    Enjoy it!
    Thank you, Joyful! It is my forever ukulele and can’t wait to put some strum marks on it.

Quote Originally Posted by prb035 View Post
    Congratulations Austin! The big K, how wonderful
    Thanks Penny! It’s a huge deal for me to own one of the Ks. I’d consider it an early Xmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by gochugogi View Post
    Move to downtown Honolulu, mere blocks from the Kamaka shop and showroom. And, if that doesn't do it for you, TheUkuleleSite (HMS) is two blocks away.
    That would be a dream to live in Hawaii!
    aNueNue Moon Bird US200 || Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Yamaha GL1
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

As promised, more pictures! The system allows only 4 images in a post. The rest will come later.

Thereís just so many different looks to a koa body. Despite not the Curly Koa type, it still shimmer when the light reflects off at different angles.

Another full view of the 2019 build, the gloss finish now is more semi gloss instead of the mirror type gloss. No more finger marks!

The only inlay and need no more deco

Extremely smooth UPT, should be Gotoh.

More to come!
    aNueNue Moon Bird US200 || Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Yamaha GL1

Still the same label design for 2019 birth certificate

I like Kamakaís idea of even putting in the actual build date

A single side dot marker. Kamaka still uses rose wood for fretboard

The bone bridge is compensated and the saddle is a slot hole type

More to come!

There are these dark streaks running across the body. They are only seen at certain light reflection angles. Amazing looking.

Also shown on the sides

Neck is built out of a single piece mahogany.

Ok, thatís all for the NUD pics.

And just wanted to say I most probably wonít have thought of owning a Kamaka if it wasnít for UU forum. This place is such a crazy but good little neighborhood filled with a bunch of enablers. Haha!

And if you kind folks donít mind entertaining my playing, I will post a sound demo of the ukulele with the stock black strings later.

Wow it's a beauty. Congratulations enjoy your Strumming
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

Quote Originally Posted by keenonuke View Post
    Wow it's a beauty. Congratulations enjoy your Strumming
    Thanks, Keenonuke! I can’t put it down!

Congrats on your new Kamaka!
    I've only seen one around here, a vintage soprano owned by an older gent.
    He let me try it once, and wow, what a sound.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie View Post
    Congrats on your new Kamaka!
    I've only seen one around here, a vintage soprano owned by an older gent.
    He let me try it once, and wow, what a sound.
    Thanks Nickie! The Kamakas do have a lingering effect once you tried one. And I caught the bug bad. There’s plenty of vintage kamaka sopranos on eBay, you know. ‘Wink’

That's a beauty. I had a 60s gold label Kamaka soprano once, and these newer models look so much nicer. I expect they sound better too. The old one had a cool vintage vibe, and sounded good, but the neck profile was super thin, and construction seemed rather primitive.
    John

Thread Information