Air on a G string JS Bach...Ukulele Solo

MikeHollandGuitar

Reaction score
Air on a G string - BWV 1068 By JS Bach. Arranged and played on an aNuenue Tenor Light Bird Ukulele fitted with low G tuning! I hope you all enjoy, Mike

Wow, that is about as nice a presentation as I've seen on an ukulele. I've not yet been able to get comfortable with low G tuning, but that tune is a great example of how nice it can sound. You could do a one-hour coffee shop gig and just play that the entire time, and I think everyone would be happy! Awesome!

Fantastic, Mike! Every time you post a video, it makes me want to pick up my uke and try.

Do you always use low G when you play classical music? I think I need to try a low G.

Beautiful Mike. Air on a G String has been one of my favorites since I was a kid playing French Horn in the high school band. I really enjoyed this, Thank you so much!

I knew I was sold on the lowG, now to make the change!

Bach himself would've loved that arrangement young Michael.
I bet right now he's looking down on you with a big smile on his face.
Well done mate!

Wonderful, Mike! Loved it! :)
Thank you John.....I appreciate your comments!

Wow, that is about as nice a presentation as I've seen on an ukulele. I've not yet been able to get comfortable with low G tuning, but that tune is a great example of how nice it can sound. You could do a one-hour coffee shop gig and just play that the entire time, and I think everyone would be happy! Awesome!
Thank you Bill..........I have done a few coffee shop gigs in my time, alas not with the uke..........Its amazing what the smell of coffee will make you do!

Fantastic, Mike! Every time you post a video, it makes me want to pick up my uke and try.
Thank you Chopped Liver..........that quote makes my posting all worthwhile.....!

Do you always use low G when you play classical music? I think I need to try a low G.
I only play low G so can't really comment on high G......except to say some people get fantastic music from it!

Beautiful Mike. Air on a G String has been one of my favorites since I was a kid playing French Horn in the high school band. I really enjoyed this, Thank you so much!

I knew I was sold on the lowG, now to make the change!
I think an open mind regard the choice of a G string........some people play fantastic music on high G. Whichever option you choose there is a world of music to play!

Bach himself would've loved that arrangement young Michael.
I bet right now he's looking down on you with a big smile on his face.
Well done mate!
Thank you Dave.......Not sure JSB ever smiled!!!!!!

Beautifully played with fantastic arrangement
I have the tab for this melody arranged by Tony Mizen but it did not capture my interest!
Great work as usual!
Thank you Brenda......not aware of Tony Mizen but there would be a few ways to play this music and it sound good I would guess!

Top Bottom