Hi !!

Dannyc

Reaction score
I'm Danny from Scotland. I am new to the ukulele so am only a learner. I have a Brunswick Concert but have now upgraded to a Kanilea Islander MST-4. JUst setting it up with Worth brown low G set... I'm sure I will have lots of questions !!!

Hi Danny!
I'm Scottish/Irish, but I'm stuck in the USA.
Welcome to UU. Just jump right in, there are lots of topic headings here.

Hi Nickie
Thanks for the welcome ! Looking forward to playing some great old Irish and Scottish numbers ! I'm taking the plunge and changing to worth B low g on my new kanilea islander solid mahagany tenor. I can't find any advice on string height as the action seems a bit high to me ???
Here goes....

As the Islander is built in China for Kanilea, the Hawaiian folks should have good enough quality control that it shouldn't' need a customer set up. I've never played an Islander, but I've never heard anything negative.
I think that the lo G string must have a higher tension, making it harder to press down to the fret. I recommend taking it to your dealer, and ask him to measure the string height all across. If the nut isn't filed out to fit the lo G string, it wont' be the correct height. You could try it yourself, the worst you could do is ruin the nut.
Maybe another Islander owner could chime in here???

Hello Danny and welcome aboard! I am in central England myself, but have in-laws from a small town on the west coast of Scotland, who now live down this way.

Top Bottom