SotU 386 - Songs of the Seventies

Croaky Keith

Reaction score
As I am about to enter into my seventieth year :eek:ld: I though this would be an appropriate title for this week. :smileybounce:

Songs of the Seventies

So, my usual rules will be in force this week. :rulez:

(Midnight Hawiian time Sunday to next Sunday same time.)

No prizes.........

......just enjoy yourselves.......

.....& I'll try to keep up with your entries. :cool:

Playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqjI5gC-IUKhTsXt7Jg507by7x3GT0cbk

P.S. Please consider putting yourself forward to host a Season for your fellow Seasonistas.

Last edited:
Oh boy oh boy oh boy!

I loved the Seventies too! Especially the 1670’s!

Gaspar Sanz rocked that decade!!!

:)

So all centuries are fair game then :) 1670's, 1770's, 1870's, and 1970's :)

Haydn and Mozart were active in the 1770s.

Home on the Range was published in the 1870s. Tchaikovsky and Dvorak were active in that decade as well.

:) ;)

The Kogarah Bay Rolling Thunder Revue. Brother John on Baritone uke, Brother Michael on slide guitar,Sister Vicki on tambourine, Daughter Jasmine on Shaker.
1975 Dylan. Thanks Keith!

First published in '74 in the Instrucción de música sobre la guitarra española :
Españoleta by Gaspar Sanz
Thanks for the inspiration engravertom!

My time is very limited right now, but the 70's is my favorite decade, and Keith loves "honest" one takers, so killed two birds with one stone on this David Allan Coe song from 1979.

Hello, Keith and thank you for hosting this week! I'm not quite sure why I chose this song, other than for the fact that the artist who had a worldwide hit with it, Leo Sayer, was born and grew up about 8 miles from where I spent most of my childhood ... apparently, he lives in Australia now. Anyway, it's quite a nice song, and hails from the year 1976. (The photos I used are of the stream just down the hill from us where I often walk Clemmie the dog.)

Top Bottom