Just a post about how online reviews are becoming devalued

bazmaz

Reaction score
Yeah, I only partially trust reviews, when I can see & hear them in a video, simply because they can be 'adjusted' shall we say. :)

I look at as many 'reviews' of a uke that I might be interested in as I can, then maybe ask real uke players what they think of them on here, then base my judgement on all of those factors, unfortunately, I have to buy online, as there is no shop anywhere near where I live.

(Substitute 'uke' with any other instrument, & this forum for a relevant one.)

D'oh! Having just left a recommendation for a small travel guitar in the guitar section, I feel quite guilty now even though my words were and are genuine. lol

Well done and thanks for highlighting such things for us though bazmaz.

As a person who is currently dealing with the after and ongoing effects of some person(s) unknown having stolen my identity to apply for bank account, credit cards, loans, and even a DRIVING LICENCE in my name, I am FULLY aware that this sort of manipulation goes on just to help line somebody's pockets at our expense!

Yeah, I only partially trust reviews, when I can see & hear them in a video, simply because they can be 'adjusted' shall we say. :)

I look at as many 'reviews' of a uke that I might be interested in as I can, then maybe ask real uke players what they think of them on here, then base my judgement on all of those factors, unfortunately, I have to buy online, as there is no shop anywhere near where I live.

(Substitute 'uke' with any other instrument, & this forum for a relevant one.)

Trouble with that is - the actual impartial reviews now are becoming like hens teeth. I trust the comments on this board ,but on YouTube - 99% of them are people on the payroll.

D'oh! Having just left a recommendation for a small travel guitar in the guitar section, I feel quite guilty now even though my words were and are genuine. lol

Well done and thanks for highlighting such things for us though bazmaz.

As a person who is currently dealing with the after and ongoing effects of some person(s) unknown having stolen my identity to apply for bank account, credit cards, loans, and even a DRIVING LICENCE in my name, I am FULLY aware that this sort of manipulation goes on just to help line somebody's pockets at our expense!

That stinks!

The reviews and recommendations people leave on here I consider to be great - as they are genuine person to person view points. It's the people on YouTube who are on the payroll of certain brands that are destroying things.

Top Bottom