Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor Soprano with Ratio Tuners

M3Ukulele,
    Originally I tried to use a screw in the open holes, but the open holes are too close to the new tuner to use a screw with any kind of head. Thanks for the suggestion. Making them Grover compatible would move a lot of them.

Kohanmike,
    I quoted the "futuristic, jet-black, space-age plastic! Textured for superior grip!" line from glennerd in the Graph Tech Ratio Tuners thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by glennerd View Post
    . . . It's just surprising to see a description that hasn't been spun by the marketing department. "futuristic, jet-black, space-age plastic! Textured for superior grip!"
    Arcy,
    If I decide these are the final tuners I could plug the holes with some clear adhesive. Not a big deal. Thanks for the suggestion

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by dgame View Post
    If I decide these are the final tuners I could plug the holes with some clear adhesive. Not a big deal. Thanks for the suggestion
    It would be good to know what works and what doesn't to fill those holes. Whenever Gotohs replace direct pegs, holes remain.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    I thought of putting them on a Magic Fluke product, but as someone else said, they are too wide and protrude a bit past the headstock. I'd rather not have that protrusion on mine. Of course, Magic Fluke could redesign their headstocks, but I don't see that happening.
    The ones on my tenor Fluke are not obtrusive to me at all, if they came on the uke when I bought it, I wouldn't have even paid any attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    Also it is highly likely that Graph Tech marketing staff have already contacted as many ukulele makers as possible.
    One thing that I don't like is small metal screws under tension in hard plastic that is vibrating. I think this may be a weak area in the pictures shown in this thread. I have had the unfortunate experience of plastic disintegrating and or suddenly crumbling when stressed. It just falls apart and can't be repaired. The photos show what could be a stress crack starting at two of the Gotoh holes, look at the lower holes in photo five. So I would recommend caution when you are making the holes in the plastic and doing stuff with the screws.
    Graph Tech told me at NAMM that they did contact many manufacturers for feedback during development, but never contacted Magic Fluke.

The plastic seems very durable to me, I don't see any stress fractures in those photos, and certainly not on my set. No reason to be concerned in my opinion.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
    Last edited by kohanmike; 07-10-2019 at 06:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    It would be good to know what works and what doesn't to fill those holes. Whenever Gotohs replace direct pegs, holes remain.
    My go to Adhesive is E6000 it dries clear and is very strong. I already used a little bit to tighten one of the screw holes. Should have no problem filling those holes. The holes don't bother me though, so I might not fill them unless it becomes an issue.

E6000.jpg

Thread Information