Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mostly Strumming or Fingerpicking

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
    Yeah but it chews the heck outta my strumming hand fingernails
    I do use a pic for 90% of my strumming. Got keep the nails looking nice for the LADIES.....

Did I actually write that
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

LOL - I am using the pick more now then before. Makes for louder sound and I like the way it sounds. In 1997, the first time I tried to play guitar, electric, I used a pick all the time.After a year or two I got bored and started playing piano. When I came back to guitar my body said no.fingers, and wrist hurt so I got into acoustics and classical on to ukuleles and now smaller guitars. But as PT improves my hand and arm I seem to be sliding back to electric guitar again. My wife is not happy with my AS. Especially since I am looking to maybe buy one. I still do not care for strumming much. I like the sound of the melody better.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysmash View Post
    I am wondering if I am the only one who mostly plays finger picking style and hardly ever strums. I play mostly chord melodies on ukulele and strum some, however, on guitar I hardly ever strum.
    I guess I am similar. I transitioned to finger style on guitar over a decade ago and haven't looked back. When I picked up a ukulele for the first time ever I started finger picking. However, many songs on ukulele do require strumming and I find it a lot easier to strum on the ukulele than the guitar, but when the guitar requires a strum I do it, just not as good as I do on the ukulele.

Hope this helps.

Thread Information