Maybe good-bye for a little while...

S11LKO

Reaction score
Hi guys & girls,

Some of you may know I've mentioned a few times that I had an ongoing health problem that was causing lots of congestion and stopping me from hitting the higher notes I used to be able to. This has been going on for a long time.

I got some results today and it seems I've been a little bit more poorly than I THOUGHT I had been. Apparently, at some time in the past I've had a silent heart attack and didn't know it, and current indications & symptoms are that another is possible. A little scary I admit.

Anyway, not telling you this after any 'poor you' sentiments - it's life and I, like all of us, just have to roll with it - it's just that I have more tests and treatments imminent, so I might suddenly have to disappear from UU for a while. If I do, I just want you to all know that I haven't abandoned our great 'family' here.

As big Arnold would say: 'I'll be back!' lol

Music will get me through, and in the meantime I leave you with this old one. Keep safe all. x

Sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself. You don't have to sing. I am sure many of us can benefit from your knowledge. Prayers for your healing

Thank you Dave for letting us know about your situation
There is nothing worst than seeing a friend suddenly disappeared from UU leaving us wonder what happened to him ( her).
That was very considerate of you to give us a head ups.
I hope you will get the health sorted soon! Although you can’t post as much video , I hope you will continue to check UU and giving us your words of encouragement !
Please keep well!

Great tune. It's hard to maintain a thankful attitude through some of the trials of life, but sometimes you just have to hold on to the Promise at the end of the song and trust that "this too shall pass". Best wishes Dave. :shaka:

Hi, young Dave! Nice tune and nice voice. Carry Harley Benton travel guitar at any time! This room and guitar room can not run without you. See you soon!

Wishing you well Dave. I feel sure that there are many others who feel the same way, both here on UU and locally to you too.

Edit. When I first viewed your thread I didn’t watch your video but the thoughts in my mind were your stoicism and the phrase” ‘cause I like it like that” came to my mind. Now I click on the video and what is it but ‘Lucky me ‘cause I like it like that’; it’s a wonderful encouragement and example to us all of just how to go with what’s happening, be positive and make the best of things.

Last edited:
Really sorry to hear that Dave.......and wishing you well for a full and speedy recovery. I am hoping you can pop a few vids up while you recover. Your videos always make our days an awful lot brighter!
Thinking strong and positive thoughts for you!

Mike

Once you get the diagnosis, it means you're on the way to healing and health. You ain't done yet Dave.!

Patrick has the right attitude, well said buddy.

Dave you will be back singing the high notes better than ever. Keep on keeping on and keep on playing

Here's to a smooth recovery period! I hope your absence, if there is an absence, is short.

Dave, what a delightful performance in your video and you hit the high note just fine! I'm sorry to hear about the health issues. By all means, take care of yourself and bounce back as soon as you can!

Dave, sorry to hear of your health issue. Hope you have a speedy recovery!

Regards, Keith

Dave,
I am hoping everything goes well and that you can return quickly.

Take care Dave, know that our thoughts are with you.

Get well, Dave, and see you back here soon!

Just take care of yourself, and stay happy, Dave!

Dave, sending lot of prayers to you for a quick bounce back from anything that comes your way. We need more videos of you and that grandkid. We're patient. We can wait . . . Hugs!!

Top Bottom