FS: Rebel "Double Cheesecake" Long-Neck Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

YogiTom

Reaction score
At this point in my ukulele life, I'm narrowing down on what I really want, and thus need to start thinning the herd, starting with this beauty. Here's a link to the original HMS listing where I bought it back in May of this year: https://www.theukulelesite.com/rebel-super-concert-double-cheesecake-1952.html

Other than occasionally practicing with it in rotation, this has lived in a hardshell case in a ~50% RH, smoke-free environment. I would call it "excellent" condition wise, as I'm sure I've added some minute crazing scratches from playing it.

Originally bought for $795, asking SOLD. PayPal only, fees paid by me. Included is its original padded gig-bag (and as the second owner, you have the benefit of not having to let it degas in your home! :D)

Since there is no rosewood, I'm open to sending it international, however any duties or import fees would be the sole responsibility of the buyer.

While I truly enjoy playing this well-built instrument, I'm finding more and more that the spruce tops aren't really my thing (little Moon Bird being the only exception), and am saving up for something with a warmer tone to it.

Happy to post additional photos or answer questions as requested. You can either ask here, PM me, or email me at tom.uker at gmail.com

Last edited:
Since a few people have asked for specs, here they are:

Features:
*Date stamp: “I-Series / 2018” (not sure if the series is relevant to the date of manufacture, but it is there on both label and laser stamp)
*Solid spruce top
*Solid mahogany body
*Standard body depth (~2-3/8” by my measure from top to back)
*17-3/32" scale, mahogany neck, 19 frets, 14 to body
* 38mm width nut, 29mm string spread measured at the 1st fret
* Ebony fretboard (bound), bridge, and faceplate
* Maple fretboard markers and dyed-wood marquetry logo
* TUSQ saddle and nut
* Gotoh UPT black on gold keystone tuners
* Rebel Gig Bag

Neck profile is wide and relatively flat from front-to-back, similar to Kanile‘a. Finish on the neck is the same gloss as the rest of the body, and could be buffed with 0000 steel wool if a more satin feel is desired.

No special setup done; I simply let Joel and the HMS crew do a standard setup before shipping to me.

Last edited:
Aaaand sold.

Thanks to everyone for their interest. I can’t recommend these enough for the quality and price. I’m just trying to slim down my collection to save up for a custom build. :shaka:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom