Gross and politically incorrect, but basically....

Nickie

Reaction score
This post has been removed.

Last edited:
Maybe it's a cultural thing (I'm in the UK) but I'm not sure what the Native American aspect adds here? The joke looks like it works just as well without it to me :confused:

A guy walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand and pulling a male buffalo with the other. He says to the waiter:
“Coffee.”
The waiter says, “Sure thing. Coming right up.”
He gets the guy a tall mug of coffee.
The guy drinks the coffee down in one gulp, turns and blasts the buffalo with the shotgun, causing parts of the animal to splatter everywhere and then just walks out.

The next morning the guy returns.
He has his shotgun in one hand, pulling another male buffalo with the other.
He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter:
“Coffee.”
The waiter says, “Whoa dude! We're still cleaning up your mess from yesterday. What was all that about, anyway?”
The guy smiles and proudly says,
“Training for a position in United States Senate. Come in, drink coffee, shoot the bull, leave mess for others to clean up, disappear for rest of day.”

Buffalo normally associated with Native Americans, they were their food & clothing source.

As said, politically incorrect, but it does remind me of a few people over there. :)

I imagine that it's playing on a stereotype of native Americans being unsophisticated and not understanding the subtleties of the "job description" - an equivalent would perhaps be blonde jokes, or Irish jokes for you and I in the UK?

You could make the coffee drinker a redneck, a hillbilly, someone from Nuneaton (the people in my locality who tend to get tarred with the stupid brush) or whoever, although as you say, given how ineffective most politicians in most countries seem to be at the moment, there's no need for any kind of qualifier on the coffee drinker, it's just satire!

*Edit* having seen the previous post, it may well be that I've overthought this somewhat, but you could replace the buffalo with any kind of cow (or indeed an elephant, whale, antelope, seal or whatever) and the joke would still work.

Last edited:
Buffalo normally associated with Native Americans, they were their food & clothing source.

As said, politically incorrect, but it does remind me of a few people over there. :)

Aaah, cheers Keith - I was missing that. I'm with Mattharrier though - politics has descended so far into satire I half expect to see the subject of this joke elected in real life shortly.

...but you could replace the buffalo with any kind of cow (or indeed an elephant, whale, antelope, seal or whatever) and the joke would still work.
It only works with a male animal of a species that's referred to as a bull to allow the "shoot the bull" misinterpretation.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

A hamburger and a hotdog go into a bar and order drinks. The bartender says, "sorry we don't serve food here".

PC? You be the judge.

It only works with a male animal of a species that's referred to as a bull to allow the "shoot the bull" misinterpretation.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Yup, all of those fit - im sure there are others but i ran out of knowledge at that point! Bullfrog, maybe? :D

The so called joke is typical of the American ethos.

If it is not related to the USA then it is not relevant.

Now an internationally crafted joke with political overtones that is applicable to all would have a much wider impact.

Remember this is a Global forum and hence not one restricted to the USA where many of you may live, while many more of us love our own Countries and we have zero desire to ever live in the USA.

Keep strumming.

The so called joke is typical of the American ethos.

If it is not related to the USA then it is not relevant.

Now an internationally crafted joke with political overtones that is applicable to all would have a much wider impact.

Remember this is a Global forum and hence not one restricted to the USA where many of you may live, while many more of us love our own Countries and we have zero desire to ever live in the USA.

Keep strumming.

I'm not sure what you mean by that comment, Col50. Many jokes are dependent on local or national references and culture. I can think of a number that are UK-centric and could sound baffling to someone from the North American continent. C'est la vie. Perhaps you should start a thread featuring only jokes with international appeal. Good luck with that.

John Colter.

I think it's more amusing to me that people here are debating the structure of the joke more than the cheap, contrived joke itself!

Pretty much everyone knows (although many won't admit) that using the term "political correctness gone mad" means you're sulking because your gags about women, gay people and people of colour aren't laughed at so much these days.

If you think a joke is "not polically correct" that basically means you think it's racist, sexist, LGBT+phobic or in some other way picks on a minority. That being the case you can consider it pretty much a given that UU isn't the best place for it. Stereotypes are a typical component of this kind of weak humour that had its day but just doesn't have the sense to lie down and die.

Do that crap somewhere else.

Save your "not polictically correct" jokes for somewhere else.

An American walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand and pulling a steer with the other. He says to the waiter:
“Gimme a carffee.”
The waiter says, “Certainly, Sir. Coming right up.”
He gets the American a tall mug of coffee.
The American drinks the coffee down in one gulp, turns and blasts the steer with the shotgun, causing parts of the animal to splatter everywhere and then just walks out.

The next morning the American returns.
He has his shotgun in one hand, pulling another steer with the other.
He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter:
“Gimme a carffee.”
The waiter says, “Whoa, Yank! We're still cleaning up your mess from yesterday. What was all that about, anyway?”
The American smiles and proudly says,
“Training for a position in United States Senate. Come in, drink carffee, shoot the bull, leave a mess for others to clean up, disappear for rest of day.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Americans are not a minority, so that's OK, innit?

And anyway, Americans are known to be good sports with a broad sense of humor (he said, unctuously).

John Colter.

Last edited:
"no sacred cows here"

I saw what you did there! :D (I hope no Hindus were offended)

John Colter.

Pretty much everyone knows (although many won't admit) that using the term "political correctness gone mad" means you're sulking because your gags about women, gay people and people of colour aren't laughed at so much these days.

Ummm........ no one used the term "political correctness gone mad" until you just did but I suppose your saying so serves the point you were determined to make. (And no, I'm not defending the lame joke.) While what you said may not be entirely untrue, it seems a rather biased and incomplete view but it's probably politically incorrect for me to say so.

Not all jokes involving minorities are malicious or demeaning. I quite like the one about the Australian gay man who left his partner and went back to Sydney.

John Colter.

Yes, I agree. While I do like humor, humor in print is almost impossible to do well.

Its a corny old joke, been around since the 1950's, offensive? probably, if you want it to be, people are easily offended nowadays.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom