Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gross and politically incorrect, but basically....

Quote Originally Posted by Col50 View Post
    The so called joke is typical of the American ethos.

If it is not related to the USA then it is not relevant.

Now an internationally crafted joke with political overtones that is applicable to all would have a much wider impact.

Remember this is a Global forum and hence not one restricted to the USA where many of you may live, while many more of us love our own Countries and we have zero desire to ever live in the USA.

Keep strumming.
    I'm not sure what you mean by that comment, Col50. Many jokes are dependent on local or national references and culture. I can think of a number that are UK-centric and could sound baffling to someone from the North American continent. C'est la vie. Perhaps you should start a thread featuring only jokes with international appeal. Good luck with that.

John Colter.

I think it's more amusing to me that people here are debating the structure of the joke more than the cheap, contrived joke itself!
    Ohana CK-42R - all-solid concert, sinker redwood top, rosewood body, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG- solid/lam concert, spruce top, spalted flame maple body, mahogany binding
    Ohana CK-120G - all-solid concert, 5A acacia top sides and back, mahogany binding, Limited Edition
    Ohana SK-30M - all-solid mahogany long neck soprano (concert scale)
    Romero ST - solid/lam concert, spruce top, mahogany body

Pretty much everyone knows (although many won't admit) that using the term "political correctness gone mad" means you're sulking because your gags about women, gay people and people of colour aren't laughed at so much these days.

If you think a joke is "not polically correct" that basically means you think it's racist, sexist, LGBT+phobic or in some other way picks on a minority. That being the case you can consider it pretty much a given that UU isn't the best place for it. Stereotypes are a typical component of this kind of weak humour that had its day but just doesn't have the sense to lie down and die.

Do that crap somewhere else.

Save your "not polictically correct" jokes for somewhere else.
    And whether the blood be highland, lowland or no,
    And whether the skin be black or white as the snow,
    Of kith and of kin we are one, be it right, be it wrong,
    As long as our hearts beat true to the lilt of a song.

An American walks into a cafe with a shotgun in one hand and pulling a steer with the other. He says to the waiter:
    “Gimme a carffee.”
    The waiter says, “Certainly, Sir. Coming right up.”
    He gets the American a tall mug of coffee.
    The American drinks the coffee down in one gulp, turns and blasts the steer with the shotgun, causing parts of the animal to splatter everywhere and then just walks out.

The next morning the American returns.
    He has his shotgun in one hand, pulling another steer with the other.
    He walks up to the counter and says to the waiter:
    “Gimme a carffee.”
    The waiter says, “Whoa, Yank! We're still cleaning up your mess from yesterday. What was all that about, anyway?”
    The American smiles and proudly says,
    “Training for a position in United States Senate. Come in, drink carffee, shoot the bull, leave a mess for others to clean up, disappear for rest of day.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Americans are not a minority, so that's OK, innit?

And anyway, Americans are known to be good sports with a broad sense of humor (he said, unctuously).

John Colter.
    Last edited by ukantor; 07-13-2019 at 11:37 AM.

Yup, no sacred cows here.
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Eastman EU3C, Concert
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Martin T1K, Tenor

"no sacred cows here"

I saw what you did there! (I hope no Hindus were offended)

John Colter.

Quote Originally Posted by buddhuu View Post
    Pretty much everyone knows (although many won't admit) that using the term "political correctness gone mad" means you're sulking because your gags about women, gay people and people of colour aren't laughed at so much these days.
    Ummm........ no one used the term "political correctness gone mad" until you just did but I suppose your saying so serves the point you were determined to make. (And no, I'm not defending the lame joke.) While what you said may not be entirely untrue, it seems a rather biased and incomplete view but it's probably politically incorrect for me to say so.
    Ohana CK-42R - all-solid concert, sinker redwood top, rosewood body, maple binding, Ltd. Edition
    Kala KA-FMCG- solid/lam concert, spruce top, spalted flame maple body, mahogany binding
    Ohana CK-120G - all-solid concert, 5A acacia top sides and back, mahogany binding, Limited Edition
    Ohana SK-30M - all-solid mahogany long neck soprano (concert scale)
    Romero ST - solid/lam concert, spruce top, mahogany body

Not all jokes involving minorities are malicious or demeaning. I quite like the one about the Australian gay man who left his partner and went back to Sydney.

John Colter.

Yes, I agree. While I do like humor, humor in print is almost impossible to do well.
    Kamaka HF3, Tenor
    Eastman EU3C, Concert
    Martin S1, Soprano
    Martin T1K, Tenor

Its a corny old joke, been around since the 1950's, offensive? probably, if you want it to be, people are easily offended nowadays.
    Cheers Santa.

Pepe Romero Tiny Tenor.
    Kala Ziricote Tenor.
    Kala Concert FMCG.

Thread Information