Ukulele Festival Hawaii July 21st, 2019

Uncle Rod Higuchi

Reaction score
Hey fellow UUers, Uncle Rod Higuchi here,
Lord willing, I'll be heading to HNL next Thurs the 18th to attend the Ukulele Festival Gala, Friday night at the Ala Moana Hotel, then the actual Festival itself on Sunday the 21st :)

if anyone is planning on attending either or both events, please look for me and I will have copies of 'my' rendition of Crazy G to share with you.
If Andrew Kitakis has a kanikapila tent set up adjacent to his HMS Vendor tent as he has in the past (Mahalo, Andrew and all your HMS staff!) I'm planning on camping out there and holding informal Crazy G sessions for anyone who is interested, otherwise we'll just have an informal Jam session :)

if you want to text me, my number is (206) 234-6972, I should be landing at HNL around noon on the 18th :)

keep uke'in' and enjoy your Summer! :)

I'll definitely be at the festival. I planned my whole move back to the mainland so I could attend this last festival before I leave. ;-)

Nice to see you again Rod!!

I'd love to go, can't but the other bass uke player in my group (Tom Kuwata, The CC Strummers) was asked to sub for the bass player in the Kolohe Ukulele Club out of Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach, CA. I'm very envious.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I believe I can show you how to earn a Participant's Gold Medallion by playing with Roy Sakuma's Strummers
(Senior Ukers) probably around 2p or so. Be prepared to purchase the correct color Festival Tshirt, then
simply gather when the Strummers line up for their performance. The songs should be relatively easy,
and with 200+ of your closest ukulele-playing friends, no one will hear any mistakes [you could even play
a different song and no one will notice :)].

Again, I'll be at the kanikapila tent near (behind) the HMS/Ukulele Site Vendor tent on Vendor Row near the
food tents! :)

See you there, Lord willing!
keep uke'in',

PS I'll try to have some Song Circle Songbooks for our informal Jam Session :)
if you have a digital device, I may be able to load a pdf of the songbook onto your
phone or tablet :)

Have fun Rod. That's one festival I would love to attend.
Hawaii.....geezus!

Eh Brah (meaning Just Russ, but also anyone), please email me at ( rohiguchi@seattleschools.org ) and I will email
the pdf of the Song Circle Songbook I'll be using for the informal Jam at the Kanikapila
Tent :)

it's full of Oldies and some Hawaiian. I can also add a Hawaiian Kanikapila Songbook, the
one we have been using at the Live Aloha! Hawaiian Cultural Festival at the Seattle Center
2nd Sunday in September! :)

keep uke'in',

Top Bottom