What type of Aquilas?

Henning

Reaction score
Hello, does anybody know, or have an idea of how to find what type of Aquilas are fitted on the ukulele?
I only want the same set of strings that as are already on the ukulele when changing strings.
Aquila makes quite a few different type of sets for each scale length ukulele so in that way there is an (Aquila) jungle. (Not to mention all these "fake" Aquila strings too :confused:)
Cheer regards

Nylgut is probably the most common OEM but then Kalas often use Super Nylgut.

After the fakes began showing up Aquila added a luminescent ingredient to their strings so you should be able to tell if they are fake under a blacklight. Mimmo is a member here and can tell you more.

This is fascinating to me...I hope Mimmo comments! I did enjoy his April Fools video a while ago where the strings would be glow-in-the-dark. He's had some funny ones in the past, too...someone posted the string harvesting video the other day...

Probably the standard Nylgut or Super Nylgut. Some use Nyltech which D'addario distributes.

Is this a new instrument (as opposed to used/vintage)? You might try finding a website for the maker or possibly contacting the maker.

Top Bottom