Farengeli Custom Tenor Build

Aloha all.

This is to share the results of my custom Ukulele build.

The build quality of my ukulele was quite nice but not without several issues, sound quality being one of them.

Ferangeli on their web site promotes themselves as being a world class builder of fine custom string instruments. The builder and I worked and agreed to exact specifications for my ukulele build. Everything was in writing, we signed a contract and had to put down a cash deposit. The ukulele that they had built and I received was significantly different from the one I had ordered. For this reason I am disappointed!

Additionally, the setup was not properly performed so I was experiencing a buzz in the “E” string. The builder had suggested that I fix it on my own?

Customer service at this company is weak as they do not respond to questions and concerns in a timely manner. The build took six months to complete, due to the lack of communication, I often questioned if I would even receive my ukulele, which I eventually did, but was totally surprised at what I received due to the information I previously stated.

The builder ‘s site claims a warranty on all instruments. In my experience they will not honor any warranty issues. I reached out to the to see if they were willing to work out some type of settlement due to these issues but all communication was ignored.

The builder overall operates their business in my opinion in a less than professional manner. They have poor customer service, poor quality control and did not display the ability to follow build specifications which is unacceptable for any custom instrument builder.

Philippines continues to be a third world country and you may not have recourse if you chose to work with them.

The bottom line. Caveat Emptor

Last edited:
Top Bottom