Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season of the Ukulele 387: Shapes of Things

Default You're So Square

Well, LimosineLil already posted a version of this, but hey, great minds think alike. I tried this out on a number of different ukes but it seemed like my new Kala archtop worked the best. Hope you like it.

The Auld Triangle
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

New Order from 1986.
    thanks Rick.

paoriginoodle with whistling - sorry - I've called it Polygon.

prob my only thing this week - thanks for hosting Rick!

I think that I've covered all three requirements though....

Bill Callahan from 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    a. great looking little uke!

and b. i wonder just how many people are gonna get a new uke this week?
    Well, lets keep count, shall we? ONE!

I can't recall another week that had a similar [STRIKE]excuse[/STRIKE] prompt that would [STRIKE]justify buying yet another ukulele[/STRIKE] allow for fulfilling the week's task.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

A little more than 24 hours in, and we’ve had gems all around. Thank you. Can’t wait to hear what’s next!
    Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

So - shapes have corners, right? Hope that’s not too tenuous a link to the theme, Rick? So here's a different one, originally by one of my all time heroes, George Michael:

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Hello again, Rick ... a bit of a quickie, but an event which had to be celebrated! Yesterday, something amazing happened - England won the Cricket World Cup, defeating New Zealand in a thrilling final and by the narrowest of margins. We have never been victors before! (My apologies, this will mean absolutely nothing to anyone on the other side of The Pond ... but, believe me, to us it is HISTORY!!!) I hope that a ball - being round - will qualify in this week of shapes, and I played it on my Gretsch Camp Uke, which is also round. (I seem to have more than my fair share of strangely-shaped ukuleles, which probably says a lot about the fact that I don't take my uke-playing ability very seriously ... thank heavens!)

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

I also have a 2-fer: different shape uke is a Flea, and the song with a shape is a cover of Tom Petty's Square One, from his 2006 Highway Companion album. Big Petty fan here, really miss that guy. Especially like the lines in this song "Can't sell your soul for peace of mind" and "Always had more dogs than bones". What a songwriting gift he had.

Last edited by Ukecaster; 07-15-2019 at 07:02 AM.
    John

Thread Information