Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Season of the Ukulele 387: Shapes of Things

Once more I made the mistake of attempting more tracks.

Well, there is a circle in the title and a triangular uke in the mix.

Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Jon and Joo put together an incredibly beautiful version of this one earlier this Season. But it can never hurt to have a couple versions of a great R.E.M. song.

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

A last-minute one from me. This was released about 10 years ago. Caitlin Crosby has flirted with both music and acting, but seems to have kind of left both behind. Last I heard, she was a big activist for helping the homeless. The original video for this is still on youtube, and it's one of my favorite videos. Kind of humorous, making fun of herself and her goofy boyfriend. She has a really great voice. Circles and squares in this one.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Thank you, everyone. Season of the Ukulele 387 has ended officially. If I captured all the videos on the playlist, we have 58 entries. I'm touched by the heart and soul you all put into your contributions.

There'll be a wrap video later, and perhaps ... some prizes!

Now go play some Yazoo and Erasure! (Season 388)
    Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Cheers Rick - really enjoyed your week!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Thanks for hosting Rick!

It was great fun finding "shape" songs ... thank you, Rick!
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Here's the wrap up for Season 387. Thank you so much for participating this week -- playing, writing, editing, commenting!

Special shoutout to Caz for building a ukulele during the Season and using it for an entry! (A challenge perhaps for the rest of us ...)

And to Joko for going on Facebook Live ... another challenge!

Again, my sincere thanks to all. There's time to do some Yazuking and Dreaming, so get to it!
    Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

thank you for a great week rick! caz's homemade uke, shaped for the season, was definitely the highlight of the week for me, it rocked!
    lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Thread Information