Newby

Welcome.

If you look at some tutorial videos, on how to hold a uke, its tuning ( g C E A ) and then learn the finger positions for chords C, A minor, F and G you can then strum the chords in sequence with four strums of each chord when you go to a music store to try a few Ukes of different makes and sizes.

There are the basic sizes Soprano, Concert and Tenor that you should consider and you will find which is the most comfortable for you. Other sized Ukes are Baritone and Bass which are much bigger than the first three mentioned.

Suggest you look at Kala Ukes to set a standard for comparison.

Welcome, Badger. I hope you enjoy your ukulele journey. Lots and lots of great information here.

Do you have an option to go to a local store to try out ukuleles. Also check locally to see if there is a ukulele club, might be wrong time of year for that. These would be opportunities to get hands on access to ukuleles.

Some larger music stores might rent, another oppurtunity to try before you buy.

Have fun.

Welcome to the forums.

Welcome Badger!

Tim

Welcome.

If you look at some tutorial videos, on how to hold a uke, its tuning ( g C E A ) and then learn the finger positions for chords C, A minor, F and G you can then strum the chords in sequence with four strums of each chord when you go to a music store to try a few Ukes of different makes and sizes.

There are the basic sizes Soprano, Concert and Tenor that you should consider and you will find which is the most comfortable for you. Other sized Ukes are Baritone and Bass which are much bigger than the first three mentioned.

Suggest you look at Kala Ukes to set a standard for comparison.

Thanks for the tips Col ,waiting for my first uke to arrive only a cheapy to see how I go.

Top Bottom