FS: KoAloha Opio Long Neck Soprano -- Nov. 2018 build

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal

Reaction score
I recently got this uke as a trade, and it sounds great. But then I got the UAS bug, and bought a Tyde Learner Uke this week, so I need to thin the heard. :rolleyes:

I'm selling it with a KoAloha soft case. It's strung with Low G, which sounds nice.

I'm asking $350, which will include free shipping the Continental US.IMG_3491.jpgIMG_3492.jpgIMG_3493.jpgIMG_3494.jpgIMG_3495.jpg

While your ad says "Opio," I don't see "Opio" anywhere on that instrument. For 2018, it should be on the headstock, as well as on the label in the sound hole. While the wood grain appears to be Acacia, I think you might be selling a full KoAloha as an Opio...which would be a mistake.

While your ad says "Opio," I don't see "Opio" anywhere on that instrument. For 2018, it should be on the headstock, as well as on the label in the sound hole. While the wood grain appears to be Acacia, I think you might be selling a full KoAloha as an Opio...which would be a mistake.

There are "Opios" that don't say Opio. The giveaway is that the headstock branding does not have the abalone filling in the carving (lasered?) logo. If you go to Mim's site and click K Opio, it looks similar to this one.

There are "Opios" that don't say Opio. The giveaway is that the headstock branding does not have the abalone filling in the carving (lasered?) logo. If you go to Mim's site and click K Opio, it looks similar to this one.

Gosh...you're right. I thought they were all going to say "Opio" on the inside sticker even though they were not saying them on the headstock! Yikes!

Label also clearly says "made in Thailand" so definitely not Koaloha

There are "Opios" that don't say Opio. The giveaway is that the headstock branding does not have the abalone filling in the carving (lasered?) logo.

Well, the MOP/abalone logo is a pretty recent mod to the American made Koalohas, so that isn't necessarily a distinguishing mark...

Hi, All. Yes, I checked in the inside label, and in small letters it says that it's made in Thailand. Funny thing, when I received the instrument on trade, I wondered if the person accidentally sent me a non-Opio KoAloha for the same reasons. Regardless, this is a lovely instrument that happened to made in Thailand. I'd keep it, but I've got six ukulele hangers on the wall, five ukes, two ukes on the way, and one space left, so one has got to go. :)

I've had second thoughts on this and decided to keep the uke. Thanks for your interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom