Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What ukes are being considered for rehoming?

Default What ukes are being considered for rehoming?

I just finished reading the thread on whatís been bought and sold this year, now how about what folks are considering rehoming in the near future? Iím curious.

1. Ohana TK-35 tenor
    2. Cordoba 24T tenor
    3. teens/20's Favilla soprano, needs new saddle
    John

I need to move out a number so may consider listing virtually everything except my Hive, my Grimes and a couple of recent additions, and then let the market decide by seeing which four or so sell first. The problem is I don't want to sell any of these, but I keep buying. Not because I think there is anything better out there, but because I enjoy experiencing different ones.

Collings UC3MSB, the only cherry sunburst they ever made (on hold; somebody wants is if I can actually let it go)
    KoAloha all 'hog longneck soprano, limited run (on hold for somebody until next week)
    Ono Wahoo torrefied spruce/sapele tenor (great playability and tone; have my eye on another Ono)
    Blackbird Farallon (highly customized, including unigrain top like their Savoy guitar which I think sounds even better than the standard Farallon, radius fretboard, sunburst, parallelogram markers, fancy rosette)
    Kinnard Series 3 spruce/California sycamore tenor (there will always be a Kinnard in my stable, so if did let this one go, I'd be getting another one)
    Beau Hannam Grand 19" tenor, Selmer body shape, sinker redwood top/Amazon rosewood body (really spectacular instrument and the longer scale helps deliver a lot of tone)
    TODA, spruce/Madagascar tenor, cut-away body shape (about as rare as a unicorn; incredible tone)
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.óVoltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

I'm on the other end of the scale from Eddie, with several cheap ukes (Fender Venice, Ohana concert, Kala Tenor) that I bought trying to figure out what I liked and am now replacing with better ones. The problem is that they're not really worth enough to put in effort to sell, and I haven't found a good place to donate them. I have promised not to buy more until they go though, and I still don't have a Bari, so something will move them!

Still have these sopranos 1918 2M, a WWII 0 that is my current player, a Gretch that has a Diamond/surfer over the Gretch decal, A Samuel Osborn, A Regal that I modified with a redwood sound board, rosewood bridge, rock maple saddle dyed red, Refinish with red tones, plus 2 banjo Ukes an SS Stewart University and a Tonk made 510 Venicia. The 1918 Martin is the last of 8 Martins I had for sale under my previous handle spongeuke that I could no longer login?? The WWII Style 0 is just out of the rescue room, the rest have not been played much lately.

I have a few I'll be letting go.
    Kanile'a Islander MST-4 solid mahogany tenor, currently listed in the marketplace.
    Ohana SK-28 solid mahogany soprano currently listed on Craigslist
    Mainland Red Cedar soprano currently listed on Flea Market Music
    Mainland Mahogany Classic Gloss " "
    Cordoba 24B
    Bruko No. 6
    and, possibly, a Cordoba 30T

Since acquiring my Kiwaya soprano, concert and tenor ukes, the above ukes aren't getting any play time at all.
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Martin C-1 (ca. 1947-1955); Musicguymic's Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

Oh this is such a tough question, I should sell a few but I did a lot of buying trying and selling to get to these keepers. Since taking up guitar I don't spend much time on but a few of my ukes. So these are the ones in danger of leaving.

Weber tenor, engleman spruce and cocobolo
    Kimo tenor, curly koa and curly maple back
    Kimo super concert, sinker redwood, curly walnut
    Kamaka 100th anniversary baritone.
    Mya Moe bearclaw spruce and cocobolo baritone
    Anyone interested shoot me a PM. Each of the above had a NUD done so search my "Threads Started" for pictures. I am gonna regret this post.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Oh this is such a tough question, I should sell a few but I did a lot of buying trying and selling to get to these keepers. Since taking up guitar I don't spend much time on but a few of my ukes.
    I'm coming from the other direction. Since rekindling my passion for ukuleles, my guitars are gathering dust. I've already traded off a Waterloo for my Kiwaya tenor, and I have a gorgeous Taylor 562ce 12 string X 12 fret all mahogany guitar on consignment.
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Martin C-1 (ca. 1947-1955); Musicguymic's Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
    I'm coming from the other direction. Since rekindling my passion for ukuleles, my guitars are gathering dust. I've already traded off a Waterloo for my Kiwaya tenor, and I have a gorgeous Taylor 562ce 12 string X 12 fret all mahogany guitar on consignment.
    Yes us humans can be fickle creatures. Part of me knows I should hang on to all the ukes I have. They are all exceptional instruments found through lots of experimenting. I do go through phases of enjoying uke then guitar then uke. All first world problems.

I previously read about you selling your Waterloo, wonderful guitars. Are you keeping any guitars???
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

I have been thinking about a few - but it would only be my laminates, & possibly my solid body ukes - not going to part with any of my solid wood ukes, but especially not my long necks!
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Thread Information