iRig Acoustic Software

BBegall

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I recently got this mic and an having lots of trouble with the software. There is a confusing array of programs for IOS and different programs for the Mac. The registration process is cumbersome, even having to register each software manual. The "recording" program seems terrible.

Anyway, just wondering how those of you who have this mic, use it?
Can it be used without the iRig software to plug directly into an amp or used with a PC recording program?

You should be able to use any software. I use the instrument cable out port to go to my audio interface or pedal board and then record with GarageBand (Mac). You should be able to do the same to an amp or your choice of PC software.

I haven't tried the iRig's USB interface, but I expect it's also standard and will work with general purpose software.

Because a don't own Apple products I found the lack of anything non IOS maddening. But I can plug the mic cable directly into my Samsung phone and or tablet and record with any recording app that I have down loaded

I just confirmed that I can plug the iRig Acoustic Stage into a Windows 10 machine via USB and record with Audacity.

The iRig showed up as a standard USB Microphone and should work with any modern software and hardware.
No need for Apple or iRig specific software!

I have the iRig Acoustic (not Stage) and I have used it to record to several iOS apps including Multitrack DAW and Cubasis so you definitely don't have to use an "official" app.

For the PC, it seems like I tried plugging it straight into my FocusRite interface and it didn't work for me but I don't recall why now - maybe I just don't have the right cables/adapters - but what I did get to work was plugging into the iPhone into Multitrack DAW and then running the headphone out from the iRig Acoustic into the FocusRite and that worked. I'm guessing I just got lucky with whatever cables/adapters I had on hand.

Top Bottom