pHD strings?

WLA_PoiDog

Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with the pHD strings? I'm going to need to restring soon, and have been considering giving these a try, but would like to know at least a bit about someone else's experience before I do.

yeah, I know, it's subjective. but still ... are they more similar to Fremont Blackline (which I love), or Worth Brown? Maybe they're like the Aquila Nylguts?

For reference, I play a Kanile'a K1 tenor exclusively.

Big mahaloz in advance!

They are very nice. I have liked them each time I have put them on a uke. They are closed to living water and luthier strings than worth brown.

I've only had them once. On my uke they seemed a little thinner and brighter than LW or Worth Brown. Sounded good though.

those are Jason Arimoto's strings. They are great. I would say they are like Worth Clears. It seems like the tension is a touch higher but I have no basis in fact about that. I have them on tenors, and on concerts. For some reason, I want to say that they were designed with Daniel Ho and they optimized them to be used on KoAlohas, but I could be totally wrong.

On your K'anilea, I would think these would be a noticeable difference (in a positive way) to the stock Aquila nylgut strings.

PHDs are top tier strings.

Each instrument, and ear, has a different optimum sound so try them and see if you like them.

Top Bottom