Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 63

Thread: I Love These Ratios!

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oop North in England
    Posts
    5,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    Do they still deliver mail there?

    Place an order with Pohaku Ukulele. It won't be free shipping, but it should be available. Let us know what you find out. Sorry I can't post a link, but it's pohakuukulele - etc.

    http://www.pohakuukulele.com/store/p...rs-y4h2m-5979b
    Believe it or not we do still have a functioning post office.

    Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. I fancy trying them on one of my Brukos.
    Geoff Walker

    I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

    at least, not yet.

    I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

    Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

  2. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    Believe it or not we do still have a functioning post office.

    Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. I fancy trying them on one of my Brukos.
    I know it's not quite the same as shipping from Pohaku in the USA to you in the UK, but I've had a good experience with RoyalMail (the only option available at the time):

    https://www.royalmail.com/

    to ship from the UK to me in NJ, USA.

    I ordered a few small items from Eagle Music Shop in the UK, and for $7 USD shipping (which I thought was nice and cheap) I received my items in the USA in 9 days from the date of payment. RoyalMail handed off to the US Postal Service (USPS) and then to my mailbox.

    https://www.eaglemusicshop.com/

    I would hope that similar efficiency would be possible going across the pond in the other direction.
    Guinea proverb: "A cow that has no tail should not try to chase away flies."

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Catskill Mountains, NY
    Posts
    4,372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tootler View Post
    Believe it or not we do still have a functioning post office.

    Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. I fancy trying them on one of my Brukos.
    I see in your TV shows and movies set in the past, that you used to have two deliveries a day.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Oop North in England
    Posts
    5,713

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Booli View Post
    I know it's not quite the same as shipping from Pohaku in the USA to you in the UK, but I've had a good experience with RoyalMail (the only option available at the time):

    https://www.royalmail.com/

    to ship from the UK to me in NJ, USA.

    I ordered a few small items from Eagle Music Shop in the UK, and for $7 USD shipping (which I thought was nice and cheap) I received my items in the USA in 9 days from the date of payment. RoyalMail handed off to the US Postal Service (USPS) and then to my mailbox.

    https://www.eaglemusicshop.com/

    I would hope that similar efficiency would be possible going across the pond in the other direction.
    I've ordered uke leashes direct from Lori in the USA and they've always arrived promptly. Her postal charges are very reaaonable too.

    Eagle Music are very good. I've got stuff from them too.
    Geoff Walker

    I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

    at least, not yet.

    I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

    Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Hey, thanks for the heads-up. I ordered a few sets from Peter and installed them on my Antica ukuleleria sopranino:



    Find more pictures at the very bottom at http://ukulelezeit.de/meine-allegro-...o-aus-italien/

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Nice install. Looks like the Ratio bottom plate covers the old tuners screw holes? Or were you able to line up on set of holes and then just drilled a set? Any pics during the initial placement of tuners on the Uke? Congrats. I gotta try a set.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M3Ukulele View Post
    Nice install. Looks like the Ratio bottom plate covers the old tuners screw holes? Or were you able to line up on set of holes and then just drilled a set? Any pics during the initial placement of tuners on the Uke? Congrats. I gotta try a set.
    They're way smaller than the old ears (and way smaller than I expected). Only one hole is covered. Need to fill the other one.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Put a black screw in the hole. I did that on a few guitars. It works great. Just screw it in. Since it’s all at the back of headstock, you never see if. Way easier than down and glue and then trying to colour down . At least with black screw, it goes in, fills the hole and is easy.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Twin Cities Area, Minnesota
    Posts
    2,067

    Default

    It just seems to me that they should be able to make these new plastic tuners to the specifications of the many tuners that exist. I'd think that a larger number of the Chinese imports have the holes in the same exact spot; it would be brilliant if the Ratio Tuners could simply be "plug and play."

    I just reviewed my Kala Pocket Use for my new review series (video will be up next weekend) and it weighs 8.4 ounces. I wonder what it would weigh with the Ratios instead of the geared tuners?
    My ukulele blog: http://ukestuff.info

    My ukulele YouTube channels:

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    WPB, FL
    Posts
    223

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Choirguy View Post
    It just seems to me that they should be able to make these new plastic tuners to the specifications of the many tuners that exist. I'd think that a larger number of the Chinese imports have the holes in the same exact spot; it would be brilliant if the Ratio Tuners could simply be "plug and play."
    That would be the dream
    Ukuleles:
    1960's Martin Style-0
    LoPrinzi Concert (Redwood & Mahogany)
    Fred Shields Style-0 Replica
    Kala Elite 1MHG-S
    Ohana SK-25S
    Kala Elite 1KOA-T << Letting this one go soon. PM if interested.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •