I Love These Ratios!

The installation looks really good with the stock bushings, almost factory!

I may have to grab a set of these soon to try them on one of my ukes :)

Delivery is fast. My last order arrived in four days. I think I'm putting a set on a Vita Uke.

Sounds as if you are addicted!

Well, if I want to replace tuners, these will be my first choice, depending on the uke. I figured 46% of my ukes have the tuner knobs sticking out the back, but of that 54% remaining, most do not need tuner replacement. I'll eventually switch them on my other two Ohana pineapples.

Believe it or not we do still have a functioning post office. :p

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. I fancy trying them on one of my Brukos.

I know it's not quite the same as shipping from Pohaku in the USA to you in the UK, but I've had a good experience with RoyalMail (the only option available at the time):

https://www.royalmail.com/

to ship from the UK to me in NJ, USA.

I ordered a few small items from Eagle Music Shop in the UK, and for $7 USD shipping (which I thought was nice and cheap) I received my items in the USA in 9 days from the date of payment. RoyalMail handed off to the US Postal Service (USPS) and then to my mailbox.

https://www.eaglemusicshop.com/

I would hope that similar efficiency would be possible going across the pond in the other direction.

Believe it or not we do still have a functioning post office. :p

Thanks for the info. I'll check them out. I fancy trying them on one of my Brukos.

I see in your TV shows and movies set in the past, that you used to have two deliveries a day.

I know it's not quite the same as shipping from Pohaku in the USA to you in the UK, but I've had a good experience with RoyalMail (the only option available at the time):

https://www.royalmail.com/

to ship from the UK to me in NJ, USA.

I ordered a few small items from Eagle Music Shop in the UK, and for $7 USD shipping (which I thought was nice and cheap) I received my items in the USA in 9 days from the date of payment. RoyalMail handed off to the US Postal Service (USPS) and then to my mailbox.

https://www.eaglemusicshop.com/

I would hope that similar efficiency would be possible going across the pond in the other direction.

I've ordered uke leashes direct from Lori in the USA and they've always arrived promptly. Her postal charges are very reaaonable too.

Eagle Music are very good. I've got stuff from them too.

Hey, thanks for the heads-up. I ordered a few sets from Peter and installed them on my Antica ukuleleria sopranino:

graph_tech_tune_a_lele_fuer_ukulele02.jpg

Find more pictures at the very bottom at http://ukulelezeit.de/meine-allegro-sopranino-aus-italien/

Nice install. Looks like the Ratio bottom plate covers the old tuners screw holes? Or were you able to line up on set of holes and then just drilled a set? Any pics during the initial placement of tuners on the Uke? Congrats. I gotta try a set.

Nice install. Looks like the Ratio bottom plate covers the old tuners screw holes? Or were you able to line up on set of holes and then just drilled a set? Any pics during the initial placement of tuners on the Uke? Congrats. I gotta try a set.

They're way smaller than the old ears (and way smaller than I expected). Only one hole is covered. Need to fill the other one.

graph_tech_tune_a_lele_fuer_ukulele01.jpg

Put a black screw in the hole. I did that on a few guitars. It works great. Just screw it in. Since it’s all at the back of headstock, you never see if. Way easier than down and glue and then trying to colour down . At least with black screw, it goes in, fills the hole and is easy.

It just seems to me that they should be able to make these new plastic tuners to the specifications of the many tuners that exist. I'd think that a larger number of the Chinese imports have the holes in the same exact spot; it would be brilliant if the Ratio Tuners could simply be "plug and play."

I just reviewed my Kala Pocket Use for my new review series (video will be up next weekend) and it weighs 8.4 ounces. I wonder what it would weigh with the Ratios instead of the geared tuners?

It just seems to me that they should be able to make these new plastic tuners to the specifications of the many tuners that exist. I'd think that a larger number of the Chinese imports have the holes in the same exact spot; it would be brilliant if the Ratio Tuners could simply be "plug and play."

That would be the dream :)

Choirguy, Agreed, that would seem to be so east and a no brainer. They could also have a small plastic plate, very thin that goes under and covers unwanted holes. But making them to fit the standard spacing on Grover, and all the knock offs makes , most amount of sense. I would even licence the Chinese makers to their ukes just starting coming with these tuners. I’m going to buy a set to “play with” now that HMS has then for $24. I’m totally surprised that Mike at Kala hasn’t already switch to these installed from factory. Play a thin line, Kala Travel Uke which is so neck heavy and you can see the possibilities. Kala should be the first big maker to adopt .....them.....IMHO

Top Bottom