Summer Symphony (SOS)

keonepax

Verified Account
Reaction score
Neil Sedaka wrote it and Lesley Gore recorded it, but I first heard the version by the Society of Seven, a popular group in Hawaii who performed at the Outrigger Hotel. Hope you like my rendition:

Thanks, Joseph! I'm really glad to introduce this song. Great lyrics in this song! :)

Thanks, Laurence! One thing I like to do is choose songs that haven't been covered much (or sometimes at all) by other ukulele people. I'm glad to introduce this song to you. A real gem of a song! :)

Thanks, Laurence! One thing I like to do is choose songs that haven't been covered much (or sometimes at all) by other ukulele people. I'm glad to introduce this song to you. A real gem of a song! :)

I am totally with you there.
I prefer songs that are not over killed by so many other covers.
As I said on YouTube. Your video is getting better and better. I like your strumming style Do your university students know how talented their professor Pak is ??

Very nicely performed man! I like your video too. Great choice in songs. Neil Sedaka really was brilliant.

Thanks, Brenda! Unfortunately there's a growing age gap between me and my students. For instance, I was stunned to find out last week that in one class, no one had seen the movie "Titanic." So anyway, I'm afraid there's little interest in the kind of songs I choose, which is mostly oldies. I admit to bribing my students with bonus points to check out my channel. Ha ha!

Thanks, Maguwa! Yes, he was one of those great Brill Building songwriters. Amazing, the songs they pumped out, all with catchy tunes and great lyrics.

Top Bottom