Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 388 - "Upstairs at Derek's - and Lynda's"

Interesting theme, and thanks for hosting!

Looked over the “Upstairs at Eric’s” track list and found a new original song already.

Hope to share it later in the week. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by 29moons View Post
    Looks like my week 382 entry was a bit premature - Oh well, I was just thinking of what I wanted to do next by Vince yesterday so let's call it kismet. Now, do I have the time to obsess? I guess we'll see.

Also, I have always though Birdsy's voice was very reminiscent of Allison's.
    oh my goodness what a lovely thing to say! bless you for that!

and oh gosh how did i miss that 382 vid of yours! just had a listen and it's brill!

if anyone fancies a sing-along to get them in the mood for this season, here's that fab vid by 29moons

Quote Originally Posted by NotAnotherLinda View Post
    Are you guys ready for about 20 uke covers of Only You ?
    can't wait! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Arcy View Post
    The only songs I recognized on a quick skim on Spotify were from Erasure's Abba-esque and other people's songs albums. Not sure if those are in the spirit, but they do follow the letter of the rules!
    that's a very good question! so good indeed that i wasn't sure of the answer! but i just double checked with del and yes indeed any song recorded by the band counts!
    Last edited by bird's eye view of my ukelele; 07-20-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    lynda

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh do we not sail on the ship of fools?
    oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh why is life so precious and so cruel?

has youtube just changed its layout??? my videos page looks the same but when i click on any vid to watch something, the whole layout is a. different and b. ghastly. NB i had kept the old classic youtube setup, has it now mebbe updated me to the new look, whether i like it or not??? anyone else suddenly got different stuff going on on youtube?

it's defo the video playback pages that are looking different for me
    Last edited by bird's eye view of my ukelele; 07-20-2019 at 05:57 PM.
    lynda

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    has youtube just changed its layout??? my videos page looks the same but when i click on any vid to watch something, the whole layout is a. different and b. ghastly. NB i had kept the old classic youtube setup, has it now mebbe updated me to the new look, whether i like it or not??? anyone else suddenly got different stuff going on on youtube?

it's defo the video playback pages that are looking different for me
    Mine looks the same old same old on playback.

Anyway, great theme guys. I doubt I’ll be able to partake, especially as there’s that AWESOME tee shirt as a prize! Enjoy anyway

OK. Here is my Only You.
    I am sure there will be more......

Quote Originally Posted by One Man And His Uke View Post
    Mine looks the same old same old on playback.

Anyway, great theme guys. I doubt Iíll be able to partake, especially as thereís that AWESOME tee shirt as a prize! Enjoy anyway
    thanks for letting me know how it looks for you. i gather they try stuff out on some people, for a while, then put it back to normal, mebbe it's that, mebbe i am one of the lucky ones this time!

really sorry to hear you won't be able to bring a song this week - if things change i hope you'll swing by!
    lynda

Hello, Lynda and Del ... a very good afternoon to you! And here is MY version of "Only You", which isn't even remotely "synthesised". I know that there is at least one more version floating around in the ether, because I've seen it!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

​"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

"Betray a friend and you'll often find you have ruined yourself." Aesop

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    has youtube just changed its layout???
    Yep, all changed again, I had a bit of a problem with it, trying to find where they'd put stuff when I hosted.
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    I thought that was by The Platters.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Only_You_(And_You_Alone)
    The Platters did indeed do a song with the same title, it predates the Yazoo song by about 25 years. I don't think I was able to walk when it came out, thanks Keith.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaky Keith View Post
    Yep, all changed again, I had a bit of a problem with it, trying to find where they'd put stuff when I hosted.
    fanks keef, that confirms to me that some lucky folk are affected, i appreciate the world must move on etc etc etc but HELLO i am a middle aged woman, who never wears her reading glasses, with a brain stuck in somewhere the seventies and eighties, i need them to be more gentle with me!
    lynda

Thread Information