Season 388 - "Upstairs at Derek's - and Lynda's"

YAZOO SEASON - BEV'S WRAP

did you have a good time this week? i hope so, 'cos i did!

it's always thrilling when you dedicate season themes to your favourite bands - every song you hear is a favourite, and with the added magic of being brought on uke! this week was no exception, and i want to thank everyone who brought vince and alison, or original music inspired by them, to the season.

i thoroughly enjoyed every single vid - thank you all for making this week such a great celebration of vince and alison and their music.

i do have some extra special favourite vids and people that i'd like to give a special shout out to...

1. wim, with "don't go"
a gentle intro and outro sandwiched some seriously rocking uke on this super cover of one of my favourite yazoo songs

2. TCK, who brought a shed load of vince love to the season. i particularly loved "a little respect", a fantastic cover of one of my fave erasure songs, and "mr blue", which opened my ears to this great yazoo song in a totally new way

3. "winter kills", brought by flatbaroque
this wonderful yazoo cover gave me shivers down my spine! a fantastic and powerful performance

4. lumpy!
a genius bird's-eye-view-of-my-kazoo vid, that had me laughing out loud when i first watched it, and i'm laughing again now, just thinking about it! pure fun! thanks so much for this, lumpy!

5. my final shout out for the season goes to my winner - alan dp and "a little way down the road". alan took this homemade song of mine (a "yazuke" collab by me and del) and transformed it and took it to a whole new level that just took my breath away. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR WORK ON THAT, ALAN! the song became something absolutely amazing in your hands, and you created a stunning video to accompany it. please PM me your address and what size tee you'd like, and i'll get the ball rolling on getting your prize to you!

you can find all my shout-out vids, including alan's winner, on this playlist...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLeOoTkKV5j7LCLKHPjAdUpD4pw10WQUn_

thanks again to EVERYONE for making this week such a delight to listen to! :rock:

and a big thank you to my lovely co-host del!

Last edited:
Thank you, Del and BEV, for hosting. Congrats to our winners, as well. Special thanks,
Del, for the shout out. That means so much to me!

Learned a lot about Vince Clarke and Alison Moyet this week! Thanks to both of you for hosting!

YAZOO SEASON - BEV'S WRAP.....

4. lumpy!
a genius bird's-eye-view-of-my-kazoo vid, that had me laughing out loud when i first watched it, and i'm laughing again now, just thinking about it! pure fun! thanks so much for this, lumpy!

Ooo a mention in despatches, thanks Bev
But why does everyone laugh? I practiced that serious kazoo action for minutes

Alan, Linda, Kev, Val(ison) and John - you are welcome - it was a whole lot of fun! Thank you for your enthusiastic participation! :)

Oh and one more thing - now the season’s over please could nobody ever ever ever never ever ever never again call me Derek!!! Thank you!!! :p

Last edited:
Thanks Del and Lynda! A great season, and I am humbled and amazed that you thought so well of my song. As I said, in part I count it as a gift from you and Lynda from your efforts to host. It would not have been written otherwise!

There is so much talent and excellence in what all the Seasonistas share.

Looking forward to my first try at hosting coming up this weekend!

Thanks Del and Lynda! A great season, and I am humbled and amazed that you thought so well of my song. As I said, in part I count it as a gift from you and Lynda from your efforts to host. It would not have been written otherwise!

There is so much talent and excellence in what all the Seasonistas share.

Looking forward to my first try at hosting coming up this weekend!
ooh, i'm looking forward to that, too!!

Hey I did a chorded melody version of Only You then couldn’t figure out how to post it to YT. It used to be so easy! I wish they wouldn’t change things. I also did something for another season on my GarageBand so there was no video, but I couldn’t figure out how to post that either.

sorry to have missed it :-(

janet, if you only have audio, are you able to import it into movie editing software, and add a still picture or something to use as a backdrop, to make a video you can upload to youtube? i do that sometimes with movie maker, i put a still picture in - a photo or a drawing, or maybe just a blank picture file which just has the song title typed in on it - and then i add my audio over it. alternatively can you put the audio on soundcloud? people have shared soundcloud audio's on the seasons before, although obviously they can't go on the season youtube playlist

if you do find a way to make an audio-only vid as described above, or if you put your audio on soundcloud, i hope you'll bring it and post it here - the season may be over but the yazoo-love never ends!

Top Bottom