If You Could Have Anyone Teach You

Tobias Elof. I love his unique style. He's so good with using open strings and it gives him such a full sound. Plus he studied with James Hill so it would kinda be a two-for-one.

Thank you. I hadn't heard of Tobias Elof, though I've heard of James Hill and have taken his online, "The Ukulele Way Course". So I looked for Tobias on YouTube and found a nice lesson called "Cheri Picking". At first I didn't get it, as to the chords and notes he's playing, as he's using a D tuning. That makes it even more fun, exploring using that tuning. It's sweet.

I forgot to mention that I would also like to take lessons with Aldrine, and in fact did sign up for the UU+ annual subscription, but it was at a time when I could not work on it continuously, but will try again in the future...

Having had short workshops at the NJ Uke Fest on a few different occasions with Lil' Rev, Sarah Maisel, and Danielle Ate the Sandwich, I would love to have longer term lessons from each of them, as well as with James Hill (who also taught Tobias Elof).

Each of them have unique gifts that I feel would be of great benefit to me if I could learn and eventually re-master them as part of my own style.

Also, I'd love to have a few sessions with Jake to discuss his approach to songwriting (having written my own songs on guitar for over 35 yrs, and ukulele for 6 yrs now) and have high esteem for both Jake's music as well as his technique.

Of course, I also would like to try a few lessons from Jake too...

Two others that really stand out for me are both Jim Beloff and Aaron Keim. I also love their styles of playing.

There are also many other wonderful players out there, but I know not of their lessons availability, and unless there is an option for Skype/FaceTime, geography might be a limiting factor...

Okay I might get flamed for this but hey its either truth and/or my opinion so take it for what it is.

Teacher: Jake Shimabukuro. I feel he has a lot to offer from skills to knowledge to theory.

Taimane I would say no for two reasons.
1. Her presence is distracting and not in a bad way.
2. I have to say this, I starting to feel she is a one trick pony. There I said it! That girl can play, she can shred, but I find more and more things sound great no matter what you do if you hit the strings at a shredding speed. Just my opinion. Also note I do own one of her albums and enjoy it.

Top Bottom