New from Toronto+ Shameless self promotion song cover ( Bad Guy- Billie Eilish)

Ukujiji

Reaction score
I started playing Ukulele since February, I mainly interested in fingerstyle. I've played quiet a few instrument growing up, Chinese violin, flute, trombone and piano.:D

I decided to pick up a Ukulele because it is easy to play, not in the sense that it is technically easy, it is because you can play Ukulele anywhere and anyway you like. :pUnlike Piano, you have to sit straight, I could literally play my uke while laying on my bed. Usually convenience comes with compromises, small instrument tend to have simple tons. Not Ukulele, especially after watching Masters like Jake, Kalei, Corey, Taimane play, the uke could interpret such complex music pieces.

So I was hooked, so was my collecting addiction. I used to collect watches, it was a pretty expensive hobby, getting new watches was getting harder and harder to satisfy my itch. Now I've shifted my focus on ukulele, I just want to have them all. Ukulele collection is not as "expensive" as watch collection,plus it gives me more satisfaction knowing that we'll "get to know" each other more and more.Unlike watches, each ukulele has its own "personality", even the same model could have different tonal characteristics.

Haha, enough blablabla, here is a little fun project I made yesterday using iPad mic and Garage Band. My girlfriend does the singing, I do the "ukeing" and editing, hope you guys like it.
https://youtu.be/hwcPWFoWrWg

I've loved the community so far, hope our skills get better and better, and I wish the best for the community.:D

Welcome to the UU, Ukujiji. I really enjoyed your YouTube video!
Jan D

Welcome to UU, nice video.

Wow, that is fantastic.

Cool video - Welcome!

I started playing Ukulele since February, I mainly interested in fingerstyle. I've played quiet a few instrument growing up, Chinese violin, flute, trombone and piano.

I decided to pick up a Ukulele because it is easy to play, not in the sense that it is technically easy, it is because you can play Ukulele anywhere and anyway you like. Unlike Piano, you have to sit straight, I could literally play my uke while laying on my bed. Usually convenience comes with compromises, small instrument tend to have simple tons. Not Ukulele, especially after watching Masters like Jake, Kalei, Corey, Taimane play, the uke could interpret such complex music pieces.

So I was hooked, so was my collecting addiction. I used to collect watches, it was a pretty expensive hobby, getting new watches was getting harder and harder to satisfy my itch. Now I've shifted my focus on ukulele, I just want to have them all. Ukulele collection is not as "expensive" as watch collection,plus it gives me more satisfaction knowing that we'll "get to know" each other more and more.Unlike watches, each ukulele has its own "personality", even the same model could have different tonal characteristics.

Haha, enough blablabla, here is a little fun project I made yesterday using iPad mic and Garage Band. My girlfriend does the singing, I do the "ukeing" and editing, hope you guys like it.

I've loved the community so far, hope our skills get better and better, and I wish the best for the community.
I'm a Ukulele newbie, one day I'll make my Ukuleles proud.

Kamaka baritone hf-4 2019
Kanile'a Platinum Tenor 2016
KoAloha ktm-00
Kamaka Jake Blue Hf-3 D4i (Incoming)
Risa stick Concert

Welcome Ukujiji, you're going to fit right in here, in every way. Great job.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 11 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 35)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Top Bottom