Thread: New from Toronto+ Shameless self promotion song cover ( Bad Guy- Billie Eilish)

Post New from Toronto+ Shameless self promotion song cover ( Bad Guy- Billie Eilish)

I started playing Ukulele since February, I mainly interested in fingerstyle. I've played quiet a few instrument growing up, Chinese violin, flute, trombone and piano.

I decided to pick up a Ukulele because it is easy to play, not in the sense that it is technically easy, it is because you can play Ukulele anywhere and anyway you like. Unlike Piano, you have to sit straight, I could literally play my uke while laying on my bed. Usually convenience comes with compromises, small instrument tend to have simple tons. Not Ukulele, especially after watching Masters like Jake, Kalei, Corey, Taimane play, the uke could interpret such complex music pieces.

So I was hooked, so was my collecting addiction. I used to collect watches, it was a pretty expensive hobby, getting new watches was getting harder and harder to satisfy my itch. Now I've shifted my focus on ukulele, I just want to have them all. Ukulele collection is not as "expensive" as watch collection,plus it gives me more satisfaction knowing that we'll "get to know" each other more and more.Unlike watches, each ukulele has its own "personality", even the same model could have different tonal characteristics.

Haha, enough blablabla, here is a little fun project I made yesterday using iPad mic and Garage Band. My girlfriend does the singing, I do the "ukeing" and editing, hope you guys like it.
    https://youtu.be/hwcPWFoWrWg

I've loved the community so far, hope our skills get better and better, and I wish the best for the community.
    I'm a Ukulele newbie, one day I'll make my Ukuleles proud.

Kanile'a Platinum Tenor 2016
    KoAloha ktm-00
    Risa stick Concert
    Godin MultiUke Koa
    Martin Style 3 Centennial Soprano

Welcome to the UU, Ukujiji. I really enjoyed your YouTube video!
    Jan D
    KoAloha KCM-00 (koa concert)
    KoAloha Opio KCO-10 (acacia concert)
    Thormahlen Yew-kulele (yew concert)
    Kala KA-SLNG (long neck soprano)
    Flight TUS35 (blue soprano)
    UKE LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME:
    *Snail SUC (solid top mahogany concert)

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it.

KoAloha ktm-00
    Risa stick Concert
    Godin MultiUke Koa
    Martin Style 3 Centennial Soprano

Welcome to UU
    Happy just to be a Newbie +, Penny

Welcome Ukujiji!

Welcome to UU, nice video.
    Soprano: Flight TUS50, Gretsch G9100-L
    Concert: Blackbird Clara Sunburst, Anuenue Moon Bird Concert, Enya EUC-X1M
    Tenor: Koaloha KTM-00, Risa Uke-Solid Tenor, Enya KUT MAD

Very nice video Ukujiji.
    The slipper sounds awesome!
    Thanks for sharing.

Wow, that is fantastic.
    LACole
    Laurie Ann Cole

Northern UK20 Concert Mahogany GCEA Aquila Lava
    Beaver Creek BCUKEFM-T Tenor Maple Flame gCEA D’addario Pro Arte
    Eddy Finn EF-Moon Concert Mahogany gCEA Aquila SuperNylgut
    Beaver Creek BCUKE-S Soprano Mahogany gCEA D’addario Black Nylon
    Ohana PKC-25G Concert Mahogany Pineapple gCEA Aquila
    Donner DUC-3 Concert Spruce/Mahogany gCEA Donner

CPM CT-Q2 chromatic clip on tuner
    Snark SN-4 tuner
    Donner tuner

Cool video - Welcome!
    "Got a whole lot of nothing, and I watch it like a hawk." - Louis Prima, 'I'm Living in a Great Big Way'

Default New from Toronto+ Shameless self promotion song cover ( Bad Guy- Billie Eilish)

I started playing Ukulele since February, I mainly interested in fingerstyle. I've played quiet a few instrument growing up, Chinese violin, flute, trombone and piano.

I decided to pick up a Ukulele because it is easy to play, not in the sense that it is technically easy, it is because you can play Ukulele anywhere and anyway you like. Unlike Piano, you have to sit straight, I could literally play my uke while laying on my bed. Usually convenience comes with compromises, small instrument tend to have simple tons. Not Ukulele, especially after watching Masters like Jake, Kalei, Corey, Taimane play, the uke could interpret such complex music pieces.

So I was hooked, so was my collecting addiction. I used to collect watches, it was a pretty expensive hobby, getting new watches was getting harder and harder to satisfy my itch. Now I've shifted my focus on ukulele, I just want to have them all. Ukulele collection is not as "expensive" as watch collection,plus it gives me more satisfaction knowing that we'll "get to know" each other more and more.Unlike watches, each ukulele has its own "personality", even the same model could have different tonal characteristics.

Haha, enough blablabla, here is a little fun project I made yesterday using iPad mic and Garage Band. My girlfriend does the singing, I do the "ukeing" and editing, hope you guys like it.

I've loved the community so far, hope our skills get better and better, and I wish the best for the community.

Kamaka baritone hf-4 2019
    KoAloha ktm-00
    Kamaka Jake Blue Hf-3 D4i (Incoming)
    Risa stick Concert

Thread Information