49th Annual Hawaii Ukulele Festival 2019

Hawaiiguy

Reaction score
Every year since 1971, Roy Sakuma hosts one of the best and most iconic gathering of Uke fans as a charitable non-profit and this year was attended by Uke performers and fans from across the world. A beautiful day with vendors such as Kamaka, Kaniel'a, KoAloha, The Uke Site, Daddario and others along with great international performances, outstanding food and a awesome bunch of uke fans and friends. Jake Shimabakuro showed up too after a day of playing and teaching kids uke the night before. A beautiful day with many great performances and people spreading uke joy!

Attachments

• Jake arrives.jpg
    Jake arrives.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Japanese Uke Team.jpg
    Japanese Uke Team.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 22
The other bass uke player in my group The CC Strummers, Tom Kuwata, who also plays uke with the Koloha group out of Island Bazaar in Huntington Beach, was asked to sub for their bass player and go to the festival with them. According to the photos and videos he's been sending us, he's having a great time.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

My neighbor's granddaughter is a student at the Sakuma school and is one of the children taking the stage here:

Hawaii, wow, I would imagine that they would have one of the best festivals in the world! I see that this is their 49th annual.
IS that the longest running ukulele festival?

Top Bottom