KMS Custom ukulele from Kauai

Anderls

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of or seen a KMS Custom ukulele? They are made on Kauai by a family who owns a music store called Kalaheo Music and Strings. Their website does not give much detail or any pricing and I have found nothing about them on the internet except in Trip Advisor. I am considering a trip to Kauai in the future and want to check out all the cool ukulele related places.

Thanks.

I visited that store last year and did not see anything I was interested in playing. It's on the main road around the island so it's easy to find. But as with many other uke stores their business hours interfere with prime beach time so I tend to visit stores on rainy days. Most notable store on Kauai is definitely Scotty's across the street from Walmart. Once he actually had a six string from each of the big K brands in the store and I could compare them side by side. That was a memorable experience. Another favourite is Hanalei Strings where they had a nice selection of the island made Raymond Rapozo ukes and other goodies.

Aloha Shelley, Kalaheo is just down the road from me and I go to that store often when I need something in a pinch. Very nice folks! If you get to Kauai drop me an email, you are free to visit my shop if you like and I can fill you in on the local ukulele scene.
Brad

Aloha Shelley, Kalaheo is just down the road from me and I go to that store often when I need something in a pinch. Very nice folks! If you get to Kauai drop me an email, you are free to visit my shop if you like and I can fill you in on the local ukulele scene.
Brad
I'm going to Kauai in January, may I look you up? I'm doing a writing thing, but bringing the uke and want to explore that scene, too. I'm very excited!

Absolutely, I love to visit with fellow UU members when they visit Kauai. Kekaha is right at the base of Waimea canyon and the westernmost town in the US. Just drop me an email and we can arrange to get together.
Brad

Thank you so much! I will be in touch soon.

Absolutely, I love to visit with fellow UU members when they visit Kauai. Kekaha is right at the base of Waimea canyon and the westernmost town in the US. Just drop me an email and we can arrange to get together.
Brad

Top Bottom