Older, Retired, and Still Learning

Ed1

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
The title says it all. Many years ago I learned a little guitar (beginner), a little more piano (intermediate/advanced), and now am starting to learn this great little instrument. I think I already have a case of UAS.
This is a great forum and look forward to being a part of it.

Welcome! People on the site are really nice and give good info. For me it helped to tune out some of the people who will discuss music theory in depth right off the bat (though I'd love to learn it). It was a little intimidating at first.
Go read the beginners forum. Great links to things and info.
Good luck!

Welcome from another Silver Uker

Welcome......when you said "little guitar" I thought you were refering to a ukulele :p, inside joke. This place is great and you will enjoy the journey, especially if you already have UAS. So little time, so many ukuleles

Welcome to UU. I Hope you enjoy this place. I've been hanging around here for at least 6 years, and I spend way more time here than on Facebook!

Welcome Ed. I played guitar for almost 50 years then started uke 6 years ago when I retired and bass uke a year later, haven't touched my guitars since, gave all 4 of them away, but made up for it with 9 ukuleles and 25 bass ukes/mini bass guitars.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Greetings from a fellow older,retired person! Former guitarist for just under fifty years,then found the ukulele and have never looked back!

Welcome from another "older" uker.

Welcome Ed. Where are you from?

Ed,

Do you have a favourite music style or song you like to play?

Laurie,

Currently it's whatever song is in front of me to help me learn a few notes/chords. My aim is towards chord/melody solos. Another goal would be to play something on John King's J.S. Bach album. Right now I'm just trying to get my fingers to go where they need to.

Learning is an eternal process, so live and learn. If you have difficulties with yout college, you should have a look at studybay reviews 'cause I know that most problems appear because of writing tasks.

Top Bottom