Reflecting...

It sounded very lovely, Dave. Wishing you well.

Thanks Joseph.
Today is NOT a good day and I'm struggling a little to breathe, but your comment has just cheered me up a little. Appreciated my friend.

Hi, Dave! I went to local shrine to pray your health. Wishing you better soon.

Hi, Dave! I went to local shrine to pray your health. Wishing you better soon.

Thank you so much my friend. The shrine and its immediate area looked lovely and peaceful, and I sincerely appreciate your wishes and prayers. I'm sure I'll be fine soon. X

Hi, Dave! I went to local library before dinner this afternoon with my stick guitar (see the photo below). This guitar is quiet but I am ok to sing with it and practice with it.

A gentleman came to me and talked that he used to have such stick guitar for practice. He said to me that it did not sound good. We need to good sound to practice. I told and taught him that if you were very patience to practice with it you can hear the sound. Especially bass strings are hard to hear but we can if we practice. He said thank you very much and went away. Another gentleman came to me soon after him and asked me "Do you know who he is?". I said I did not know. He is the first violin in Kyoto Philharmonic Orchestra. I said "Oh my god! I should not teach him." :) Yes we need good sound to practice.

Hi, Dave! I went to local library before dinner this afternoon with my stick guitar (see the photo below). This guitar is quiet but I am ok to sing with it and practice with it.

A gentleman came to me and talked that he used to have such stick guitar for practice. He said to me that it did not sound good. We need to good sound to practice. I told and taught him that if you were very patience to practice with it you can hear the sound. Especially bass strings are hard to hear but we can if we practice. He said thank you very much and went away. Another gentleman came to me soon after him and asked me "Do you know who he is?". I said I did not know. He is the first violin in Kyoto Philharmonic Orchestra. I said "Oh my god! I should not teach him." :) Yes we need good sound to practice.

lol That’s exactly the sort of thing that would happen to me. I was talking to a man at an open mic event about a year ago who asked me about my 50 year old 12 string guitar. I gave him lots of information about the benefits of an aged guitar and how it can sound better. He was a nice guy and thanked me for the information.

I later discovered he was Dennis Stratton - ex member and rock guitarist with IRON MAIDEN!!! lol

Hi, Dave! Iron maiden is really cool heavy metal band. You really surprised when you discovered that he was Dennis Stratton. :) Cicada has stayed on my stick guitar and danced today. It is very hot here. Practice is very slow but I enjoy it.

Hi, Dave! Iron maiden is really cool heavy metal band. You really surprised when you discovered that he was Dennis Stratton. :) Cicada has stayed on my stick guitar and danced today. It is very hot here. Practice is very slow but I enjoy it.

lol Enjoying it and having fun with it is - in my humble view - the most important part of music my friend. If you don't enjoy it, it's time to do something else. Keep safe. X

Hi, Dave! Yes, I do enjoy music. My stick guitar sounds small but playability is very good without strap. The headstock (see the photo below) is bit heavy and valance is not very good without strap. I've changed tuner buttons from metal (A in the photo) to plastic (B). It is better now. But there are very very light Gotoh Stealth (C in the photo). I've ordered it last week. They are build to order. It takes three weeks. I have to wait another two weeks. I am looking forward to install them.

Dave,
Wonderfully done. Wishing you well and will keep you in my prayers. Aloha.

Dave,
Wonderfully done. Wishing you well and will keep you in my prayers. Aloha.

Thanks my friend. Your thoughts really appreciated. I'm getting many varied days at the moment, and sadly haven't been up to playing much. Having said that, yesterday was a better day so (despite doctor's orders lol) I managed to pick up my guitar and do a little ditty which is now posted over in the guitar section here. It felt good to be doing something again whilst waiting for my surgery. X

Top Bottom