Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Reflecting...

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lapyang View Post
    It sounded very lovely, Dave. Wishing you well.
    Thanks Joseph.
    Today is NOT a good day and I'm struggling a little to breathe, but your comment has just cheered me up a little. Appreciated my friend.
    Luv n stuff, Dave

    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1N...SLlEsi_kIIi4zg

    * GUITARS
    Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic
    50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo
    American Fender Stratocaster deluxe
    American Gibson SG Special
    Harley Benton TE-40 TBK Deluxe (Telecaster)
    Ibanez GSR200 BASS

    * UKES
    Ozark 2035 banjole
    Kmise tenor banjole
    Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor
    Kala KA-CE electro acoustic

    * OTHERS
    Kawai KM-10 Grand piano & Technics KN-2000 keyboard

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Kyoto Japan
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Hi, Dave! I went to local shrine to pray your health. Wishing you better soon.


  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yahalele View Post
    Hi, Dave! I went to local shrine to pray your health. Wishing you better soon.

    Thank you so much my friend. The shrine and its immediate area looked lovely and peaceful, and I sincerely appreciate your wishes and prayers. I'm sure I'll be fine soon. X
    Luv n stuff, Dave

    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1N...SLlEsi_kIIi4zg

    * GUITARS
    Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic
    50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo
    American Fender Stratocaster deluxe
    American Gibson SG Special
    Harley Benton TE-40 TBK Deluxe (Telecaster)
    Ibanez GSR200 BASS

    * UKES
    Ozark 2035 banjole
    Kmise tenor banjole
    Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor
    Kala KA-CE electro acoustic

    * OTHERS
    Kawai KM-10 Grand piano & Technics KN-2000 keyboard

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Kyoto Japan
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Hi, Dave! I went to local library before dinner this afternoon with my stick guitar (see the photo below). This guitar is quiet but I am ok to sing with it and practice with it.

    A gentleman came to me and talked that he used to have such stick guitar for practice. He said to me that it did not sound good. We need to good sound to practice. I told and taught him that if you were very patience to practice with it you can hear the sound. Especially bass strings are hard to hear but we can if we practice. He said thank you very much and went away. Another gentleman came to me soon after him and asked me "Do you know who he is?". I said I did not know. He is the first violin in Kyoto Philharmonic Orchestra. I said "Oh my god! I should not teach him." :-) Yes we need good sound to practice.


  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yahalele View Post
    Hi, Dave! I went to local library before dinner this afternoon with my stick guitar (see the photo below). This guitar is quiet but I am ok to sing with it and practice with it.

    A gentleman came to me and talked that he used to have such stick guitar for practice. He said to me that it did not sound good. We need to good sound to practice. I told and taught him that if you were very patience to practice with it you can hear the sound. Especially bass strings are hard to hear but we can if we practice. He said thank you very much and went away. Another gentleman came to me soon after him and asked me "Do you know who he is?". I said I did not know. He is the first violin in Kyoto Philharmonic Orchestra. I said "Oh my god! I should not teach him." :-) Yes we need good sound to practice.

    lol That’s exactly the sort of thing that would happen to me. I was talking to a man at an open mic event about a year ago who asked me about my 50 year old 12 string guitar. I gave him lots of information about the benefits of an aged guitar and how it can sound better. He was a nice guy and thanked me for the information.

    I later discovered he was Dennis Stratton - ex member and rock guitarist with IRON MAIDEN!!! lol
    Luv n stuff, Dave

    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1N...SLlEsi_kIIi4zg

    * GUITARS
    Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic
    50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo
    American Fender Stratocaster deluxe
    American Gibson SG Special
    Harley Benton TE-40 TBK Deluxe (Telecaster)
    Ibanez GSR200 BASS

    * UKES
    Ozark 2035 banjole
    Kmise tenor banjole
    Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor
    Kala KA-CE electro acoustic

    * OTHERS
    Kawai KM-10 Grand piano & Technics KN-2000 keyboard

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Kyoto Japan
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Hi, Dave! Iron maiden is really cool heavy metal band. You really surprised when you discovered that he was Dennis Stratton. :-) Cicada has stayed on my stick guitar and danced today. It is very hot here. Practice is very slow but I enjoy it.




  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by yahalele View Post
    Hi, Dave! Iron maiden is really cool heavy metal band. You really surprised when you discovered that he was Dennis Stratton. :-) Cicada has stayed on my stick guitar and danced today. It is very hot here. Practice is very slow but I enjoy it.



    lol Enjoying it and having fun with it is - in my humble view - the most important part of music my friend. If you don't enjoy it, it's time to do something else. Keep safe. X
    Luv n stuff, Dave

    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1N...SLlEsi_kIIi4zg

    * GUITARS
    Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic
    50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo
    American Fender Stratocaster deluxe
    American Gibson SG Special
    Harley Benton TE-40 TBK Deluxe (Telecaster)
    Ibanez GSR200 BASS

    * UKES
    Ozark 2035 banjole
    Kmise tenor banjole
    Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor
    Kala KA-CE electro acoustic

    * OTHERS
    Kawai KM-10 Grand piano & Technics KN-2000 keyboard

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Kyoto Japan
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Hi, Dave! Yes, I do enjoy music. My stick guitar sounds small but playability is very good without strap. The headstock (see the photo below) is bit heavy and valance is not very good without strap. I've changed tuner buttons from metal (A in the photo) to plastic (B). It is better now. But there are very very light Gotoh Stealth (C in the photo). I've ordered it last week. They are build to order. It takes three weeks. I have to wait another two weeks. I am looking forward to install them.


  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Dave,
    Wonderfully done. Wishing you well and will keep you in my prayers. Aloha.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luv2uke View Post
    Dave,
    Wonderfully done. Wishing you well and will keep you in my prayers. Aloha.
    Thanks my friend. Your thoughts really appreciated. I'm getting many varied days at the moment, and sadly haven't been up to playing much. Having said that, yesterday was a better day so (despite doctor's orders lol) I managed to pick up my guitar and do a little ditty which is now posted over in the guitar section here. It felt good to be doing something again whilst waiting for my surgery. X
    Luv n stuff, Dave

    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1N...SLlEsi_kIIi4zg

    * GUITARS
    Freshman Apollo 6 string electro acoustic
    50yr old EKO 12 string jumbo
    American Fender Stratocaster deluxe
    American Gibson SG Special
    Harley Benton TE-40 TBK Deluxe (Telecaster)
    Ibanez GSR200 BASS

    * UKES
    Ozark 2035 banjole
    Kmise tenor banjole
    Cordoba 22T-CE Tenor
    Kala KA-CE electro acoustic

    * OTHERS
    Kawai KM-10 Grand piano & Technics KN-2000 keyboard

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •