Upcoming release of Enya Carbon Ukulele

We really liked the Enya Ukuleles we bought, except for the strings, which were utter horrible. That is a minor quibble solved by a $5 new set.

Of course every single one we bought, probly 6 in all, were at give away prices on Amazon.

It always depends on price.

I had a Kaka ukulele which is made by Enya. It is production line but it was well made, thoughtfully designed, and had great tone for a laminate. It's the one in my profile picture. I sold it to a friend because the neck was too wide for me and the herd got too big. They have kept the shity name so I'm sure they have a big market in Asia. I think they offer a good value. But I imagine as times change so do their methods. I like the look of the new model. I think you're going to go for it :)

Sounds promising. I have no experience of this line.
I stick with Kala but loved the look of these new ones, especially the colours.
I msg them about release date and price. Mid August.
Thanks for your feedback!

Yep I saw that as well but the company replied to me saying mid August.
It is a concert however and I am used to a tenor. I guess I could get used to it , especially if it’s the orange one!
Chloe Hennessy has a video playing it. Sounds good.

Possibly! I’ll wait for reviews and hopefully a demo. Pricing comes into it as shipping to Australia could be interesting!
It’s a concert and I’m used to Tenors but as you pointed out the neck was too wide for you so maybe this will be perfect.
We wait!

I had a Kaka ukulele which is made by Enya. It is production line but it was well made, thoughtfully designed, and had great tone for a laminate. It's the one in my profile picture. I sold it to a friend because the neck was too wide for me and the herd got too big. They have kept the shity name so I'm sure they have a big market in Asia. I think they offer a good value. But I imagine as times change so do their methods. I like the look of the new model. I think you're going to go for it :)

I thought "Kaka" was a typo but is an actual attempt at creating another K brand...

Is it really carbon fibre, they call their flourocarbon strings carbon fibre, Im not sure why you would cover a carbon weave with paint? Perhaps there has been some loss in translation, it may be a plastic uke, time and price will tell I'm sure.

To be fair - the video does suggest carbon fibre ‘coloured’

Pre orders are up at their Enya USA Shopify site. $69.99 with free shipping Pre-Order price says list is $89.99 with shipping in October 2019. Not sure if real pre order sale or will $70 be new list price when they ship.

https://www.enya-music.com/collections/ukulele/nova-u

Supposed to be available on Amazon eventually from reading their YouTube comments.

"Top: Solid Acoustic Carbon
Back & Sides: Solid Acoustic Carbon
Neck: Solid Acoustic Carbon
Fretboard: Solid Acoustic Carbon"

Going to buy two for grandkids - they have ukulele in their elementary school - so I get to play them, too. Would have preferred soprano, but they like to play my Outdoor Uke tenor.

Has an optional pickup package, which is likely what is being used in the videos.

Last edited:
Wow, that uke sounds pretty darn good, in the Youtube vid. Is anyone here familiar with the pickup they offer as an option?

I just received information today from Enya (I had asked about it some time ago) on Facebook. They sent me a private message, and you can now preorder any of their new models from their website (https://www.enya-music.com). $69.99, shipping in the US included. Yes, one is on order. Jerry can cover the high end models (e.g. his Konter). I'll stick with this lower end. :)

This is one that I want--I'm interested and a sucker for travel ukuleles...plus it is a concert (my favorite scale). It also ships with strap buttons, and the material is listed as "Acoustic Carbon Fiber." I'm not sure what that means...but as Outdoor Ukulele doesn't make a concert, if this instrument is good, it may quickly replace my recommendation of the Outdoor Ukulele as the best instrument for schools (less than 1/2 of the price of an Outdoor Tenor, and they don't have a concert model). Incidentally, Flight is coming out with a long neck TUS-35, which I will also order when it arrives.

[I do have some very nice ukuleles, but as a teacher and someone that likes to travel AND lives in the upper midwest, good inexpensive travel ukuleles are definitely of interest to me.)

If you order from Enya, they are also offering lifetime strings (is this a selling point :) ?)...and their prices are equivalent to Amazon (they now have an office and warehouse in Houston, I believe). I have to believe shipping from their own site (very nicely laid out, by the way, for a Chinese company) has to be better economically than using Amazon.

I'm a believer in Enya...Every ukulele I have bought from them has been fantastic and affordable. I bought 13 of the EUR-X1s at the time of that summer sale for my school, and 1 EUR-X1 for me, Two KUT-20s for family members when they were $20, and recently 10 more KUC-20s when I had a grant for my school.

I also find myself tempted by the X1M as well as the X1 model that is the concert electric with the Fender-like headstock.

This is pretty tempting. A concert uke I could leave in the car and not worry about would be pretty sweet.

I've got my eyes on a nicer tenor but if it sells before I can get to it this may have to satisfy my UAS.

Wow, that uke sounds pretty darn good, in the Youtube vid. Is anyone here familiar with the pickup they offer as an option?

I'd caution you that the sound in that video is NOT in fact the natural sound of the instrument and seems obvious to me that there is both reverb and compression added in post-production.

The smart bet would be to wait until Baz does a review of one of these on his Got A Ukulele site, and with his accompanying video you will get to hear the true, un-doctored sound of this instrument and also benefit from the careful guidance of a person who has played and reviewed more ukes than most people will ever touch in their lifetime...

Just my two cents here...

Top Bottom